+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weird noise- someone help me to be rational!

If anyone is still up and able to give me some rational advice that would be great! I was almost asleep then I heard a noise like someone was trying to open our screen door!! I quickly jumped up and have realise its not at our house. I think I have narrowed it down to next door. Our neighbour is away alot for work so I don't even know if he's home or not and I don't have a phone number for him! I have been listening to this noise on and off for the last 3/4 hours and if I had to explain it I would say it sounds like something being 'snipped' like thick wire. Dh thinks I'm being paranoid ( he is not home at the moment) and im trying to be rational but its getting to the point where I feel obliged to do something!! I don't know- should I call the police??? What if its nothing - will they be annoyed at me??
    Anyone have some rational advice for me??

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a tricky situation.
    If you honestly believe there is reason to think something odd is going on next door then I would call the police. Just to see if they could drive by and just check things out.
    If not maybe try to relax, play a little bit of music quietly whilst trying to get to sleep. I hear alot of things when im home in bed on my own so I know exactly how you feel. Good luck. X

counting down to TTC October 2013

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that would be so creepy and scary if you are home alone!! Let the cops know worst comes to worst it's a false alarm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely call the Police! Isn't that what you'd want them to do if it were your house? If there is a rational explanation, no big deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call the police and ask them to check it out asap.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sitting in my Lounge room one night when there was this noise of someone fiddling with the fly screen on the large window. It was Loud and unmistakable! I turned on the light and opened the blinds to see a cat walking away. I could have murdered that cute little kitty. I had a heart attack.

I really hope your noise is just a neighborhood pet being mischievous...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

NewMrs  (08-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    I was sitting in my Lounge room one night when there was this noise of someone fiddling with the fly screen on the large window. It was Loud and unmistakable! I turned on the light and opened the blinds to see a cat walking away. I could have murdered that cute little kitty. I had a heart attack.

I really hope your noise is just a neighborhood pet being mischievous...
    My cat does this! It's damn scary when you're half asleep and she's climbing up the screen door, grrrrr! I also wanted to say it might've been possums? They're pretty noisy critters-I went out to feed the dog one night, and promptly got scared silly, as it sounded like someone was bailing over the fence (well done puppy who didn't give a hoot), but, after a mild heart attack, it made the possum growl so I knew it wasn't. Maybe it was some adventurous wildlife?!