+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, Rachael... How long did it take for you to recover from the infection. I spent 9 days in hospital and now am having acute in home care for the next week (I have a central line with antibiotic infuser running 24x7 for the next 7-10days).
    Just wondering how long it will take to recover from the infection. What was your experience if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to send hugs and hope your body recovers quickly. The mind and heart will take so much longer unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I haven't posted but check the October board and recognise your name. I have not experienced a second trimester loss, but have several first which is painful enough added to the fact it was IVF does make it all harder to deal with and your illness as well, I cannot imagine what you are going through. I can only say that it takes time, do what you need to do, if you want to name the baby do, I was not in a good place after my last miscarriage but one thing I did was let myself feel what I was feeling. You need to allow yourself to feel so that you can move on. I wish you all the best an hope that you recover both physically and emotionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Oh, Rachael... How long did it take for you to recover from the infection. I spent 9 days in hospital and now am having acute in home care for the next week (I have a central line with antibiotic infuser running 24x7 for the next 7-10days).
    Just wondering how long it will take to recover from the infection. What was your experience if you don't mind sharing?
    I was told it is very rare as well. I spent most days at home while pregnant so have no idea how I got it. They pumped me with strong antibiotics for 3 nights in hospital straight after delivery. I was discharged and continued on a course of tablets for a week. Went back in after 6 weeks for a follow up and they couldn't find any infection. Still so hard to believe when you have a baby/s that have beautiful strong heartbeats and an infection rips them out of our lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just took the leap and unsubscribed from my "due in" groups.

I still have to change my period tracker back to "not pregnant" and clear the data from my pregnancy apps.

One step at a time but the apps are giving notifications about what the baby is doing and how old it should have been so that will need to go next I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to send my warmest hug. We lost our second beautiful boy at 16 weeks as well. I didn't find out until 18 +5 :-( it's been 18months and I still haven't fully recovered with an additional 2 early term losses at 8 and 11 weeks since then. Even though we really want more lil ones, my health after 3 general anaesthetics in 18mths needs to come first (unfortunately my body did not recognise the demise of either 3 pregnancies) I delivered my 16 weeker after being induced and dilated and it was just a terrible experience all around topped off with needing an operation because I retained a lot of material. I wish you all the best in your recovery and hope that you go on to have and hold many more beautiful babies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So sorry for the loss of your bubba. Thankyou for sharing your story

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss. Hope you recover quickly. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I just took the leap and unsubscribed from my "due in" groups.

I still have to change my period tracker back to "not pregnant" and clear the data from my pregnancy apps.

One step at a time but the apps are giving notifications about what the baby is doing and how old it should have been so that will need to go next I think.
    Hun it's a very hard move to make, deleting everything, I had all my ob appointments booked in until my last month, but removing them was the best thing to do... Having those reminders pop up constantly will probably prolong your grieving...

You do it when you're ready, but it may very well help you...

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I deleted all my apps. When I went in to be induced because I didn't want the weekly reminders to pop up while I was in labour. I only told my period tracker that I was no longer pregnant a month after like last week. It sucks so bad to
    Be reminded where you and your baby should be massive hugs