+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Serious concerns! HELP!

This year I experienced my first miscarriage at 6w. Baby measured at 5w2d. I experienced the usual bleeding, clotting and excruciating pains! Anyway, I am now 6w2d pregnant, I had what I believed to be a miscarriage on sunday morning. I had extreme amounts of bleeding dark red blood and was throwing up all day. No pain. The bleeding is still occuring but at a much lighter rate and is now dark brown. I had my heart set on the fact i had miscarried again. I went to have an ultrasound today to make sure that I had passed on all tissue when the woman doing the US informed me she could detect a small heartbeat and baby was measuring at 5w6d. I am PETRIFIED to say the least that I am going to get my hopes and have it ripped away from me again. Has anyone been in this position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to get your hopes up either but this happened to me too and bub was ok. My bleed was fresh red blood and they called it an implantation bleed. I can't remember at how many weeks this happened but it was early on like you. I'd never heard of implantation bleeding and of course thought the worst like you. DS2 is 2 years old this month

I hope that your precious bub is ok. Maybe organise a follow up ultrasound in a week or 2? All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was in the same boat 22 years ago and had a ultra sound thinking that I lost the baby...only to be told that the bleeding wasn't from bubs but that I had a low lying placenta and was put high risk and was told no heavy lifting and to take it easy and no sex at all ...it was a very scary pregnancy I bled throughout most of the pregnancy with dark old blood but happily I gave birth 6 weeks early to a beautiful baby girl...