+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is ligament pain worse/more painful in a second pregnancy?

Hi Ladies ,

I've had a scary couple of days. I've had some sharp throbbing pain in my right ovary (started Sunday night) that increased in frequency & intensity over Monday, then slowed back down Monday night. It was getting so bad I was beginning to think I may have an ectopic pregnancy. Thankfully it was pretty much gone this morning but I've taken it really easy all day. Then at lunchtime I got this ripping pain through my left ligament (this I know is ligament pain as I've had similar before - not as painful though - from my spinal injury). It's still sore now but nothing major.

Now my ligaments were never this painful with DS. Is it normal to experience more pain when the ligaments stretch in a second pregnancy? I would have thought there'd be less pain being they've been stretched before. DS was born via C-Section ( due to severe HELLP syndrome), would this impact them?

DH keeps saying he thinks I'm carrying twins & that's why it's more painful & my pregnancy symptoms started earlier & are more severe than with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you are feeling better today. I'm not going to be much help as haven't had your symptoms but thought I'd suggest you get checked out by your gp/ob. I wouldn't have thought that at 6weeks you should be in that much pain from ligament stretching. I'm not suggesting you have an ectopic but if you haven't yet had a dating scan your doc might refer you for one to check everything is where it should be and that you don't have a cyst on your ovary or anything else that might cause you pain. Good luck x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

babybump08  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had similar pain and during the scan they found a huge cyst on my ovary, hope it settles for you!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mam83 For This Useful Post:

babybump08  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it with my last pregnancy and my OB said it was completely normal with a second pregnancy. I've got it again this time round and I'm only 5 weeks so I'm assuming its normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies,

It all seems to have gone. I had a few light twinges the following day but had nothing since.

They wont bring forward my u/s which is on the 16th & they don't see the need for extra blood tests. GP refuses to get involved & told me to go back to the FS (this is a normal practise for my useless GP - should have seen the s*** fit he threw over me asking him for Folic acid).

I've had several ovarian cysts before and that's what it felt like when one burst but not as painful (if that makes sense - same sensation but no where near as painful). Every time I've had a cyst burst I've doubled over in pain and hit the ground. That pain is a lot worse to what I had a few days ago.

It will be interesting to see what the scan shows. The one good thing is all pregnancy symptoms have increased 10 fold - which I'm told is a good sign.