+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sharp pain in pelvis after castor oil- sign of labour?

Hi, well I'm 39 weeks, and have not been able to have a bowel movement for over a week, so today I decided I would try castor oil to help the constipation and also I heard it can help bring on labour. Anyway, I took about 2 teaspoons of the oil mixed in orange juice about an hour and a half ago and about an hour ago I had a really awesome bowel movement and it was such a relief! But now, half an hour later I have these sharp pains (not really cramps) in my pelvic region which mainly hurts when i am standing up or walking, I'm just wondering if maybe it could be a sign labour is starting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it was probably just the relief of being able to go to the toilet after a week, the pain has gone now.

Similar Threads

1. Castor Oil to induce labour?? 38 weeks, suggestions please
    By Xsqzit in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 19:07
  2. Sharp pain, anyone had this?
    By nikki61087 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 16:58
  3. Sharp pain?
    By Twoalready in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3