+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Jealous sister

My sister has always had a bit of a jealous streak but it seems to have gotten a little worse then normal. So recently I have decided enough was enough and have gone through a lifestyle change and started eating healthy and exercising and have lost so far 15kg while I feel great I am the first one to admit I have a long way to go. Anyway after the first 10 kg went my sister asked me what I had been doing and once I told her she jumped in and started the same thing, my first thought was great and I started helping her with encouragement and tips that I found helped me. The other day however I found out through mutual friends she has been saying to people that I will give in soon and go back to being as fat as ever and that she is running around town buying body wraps and an twisters pretty much anything that will make her lose more then me quicker.

She also has a baby who is 7 months old then my little one and she came over the other night and every time my Mum (who lives with us 1 week a fortnight because she is a FIFO worker) went to pick up my baby or talk to him she shoved her little one at my Mum, which didn't bother me because I expected it but when her little fella hit mine on top of the head not hard just a baby tap she laughed so he thought it was a game and kept doing it until both Mum and I told him NO! She left in a huffy not long after. I should also add it was the next day I found she had been saying all this.

I usually brush her jealous antics off because she always has to somehow make everyone's focus on her and I just ignore it all. But I can't help feel hurt she is doing all this, DH says it is just her so don't worry about it but I was so proud of what I have achieved and to have things like this being said is making me feel horrible, and her baby hitting mine makes me really angry but I know he was just doing it to make his mother laugh. Am I right to feel these things or am I overreacting and should just ignore it like always?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would feel angry as well. But instead of being resentful and angry I would use her jealousy as motivation. Use it to prove her wrong that will annoy her more than anything. Her being this way says more about her than you, shes clearly insecure.

well done on the weight loss though! you have ever right to feel proud of yourself

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

lones  (07-05-2013),loodle  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd just ignore her, personally (obviously don't ignore the fact that her kid is hitting yours but I mean ignore her attitude and what she says about you).

Jealousy is a nasty, negative thing to feel so personally I would probably just feel sorry for her that she is so unhappy in her own life that she needs to try to be 'better' than you. Forget about it, it's her problem and it says nothing about you. Don't waste time investing your thoughts and feelings into her issues, just keep doing what you want to do and be happy and get on with your own life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

loodle  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She sounds horrible. I don't think you're over reacting but I would probably ignore it, keep focussng on what you're doing and try not to let her immaturity get to you. If you feel that you can't continue to let it slide, check her on her behaviour when she does it. Sister relationships can be really hard. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

loodle  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand why you feel that way and I would to, I'd use it as a motivator to prove her wrong, as for her son hitting your baby I would be angry too. Well done on the weight loss!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to firsttimemummatobe For This Useful Post:

loodle  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, like I said I usually let it slide and ignore so probably will this time I think I just needed to vent, her jealousy is/has been a ongoing problem for a long time it started when I was in labour with DD because she was my first I wanted Mum in with me and DH and my sister kept ringing my parents with concocted stories which her husband later told us was bull honky. DH said she only does it because even though Mum raised her I am Mums only biological child and the youngest so was babied a bit by Dad growing up. My parents are aware of the problem and like me usually ignore it they have never once shown any favouritism so like me don't understand it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    DH said she only does it because even though Mum raised her I am Mums only biological child and the youngest so was babied a bit by Dad growing up. My parents are aware of the problem and like me usually ignore it they have never once shown any favouritism so like me don't understand it.
    I think that's probably a very big reason. It sounds like she'd probably benefot from some sort of counselling TBH if she has residual issues from not being your mum's bio daughter. I know my sister had a lot of resentment towards me when we were much younger (in our 20s) because I was seen as the baby of the family.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

loodle  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I think that's probably a very big reason. It sounds like she'd probably benefot from some sort of counselling TBH if she has residual issues from not being your mum's bio daughter. I know my sister had a lot of resentment towards me when we were much younger (in our 20s) because I was seen as the baby of the family.
    She has been to counselling many many times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That's frustrating then. I agree with the others - take the moral high ground.

Much as I love my sister we work sooooo much better when we live in 2 different States.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (16-07-2013)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That's frustrating then. I agree with the others - take the moral high ground.

Much as I love my sister we work sooooo much better when we live in 2 different States.
    I hear that ! Seperate state sisters are great ...better than same state sisters lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app