+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that Kazza.

I've got IBS-C so am constipated most of the time, so your theory may just be correct!
    I'm going to temp & do OPK'S and go from there...hopefully I'll fall pregnant over the next couple of months & I was freaking out for nothing! Here's hoping!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    Nirok,
    If you didn't mind, would you mind sharing what happened with your personal experience?
    What the problem was, what you did about it etc.?
    Hey Calstar. I was a bit naïve and didn't think anything was wrong. Just kept assuming it was my body adjusting after sooooo many years on the pill. But after a few 18-21 day cycles - all of a sudden I was going 3 months without AF. It took me 18 months to get around to asking a GP about it and I was diagnosed with PCOS. Keep in mind I'm not doctor lol - but because you are getting a fairly normal cycle length and assuming you are O'ing around CD13 - this pre-AF spotting could be entirely normal for YOU and caused by something like what Kazza suggested. It's up to you if you continue to stick it out - or just talk to your GP who might run some tests and put it all in perspective for you. Even though you probably don't have something like PCOS - the worst thing I did was wait 18 months to get sorted out! [I would have LOVED to space this post out like a normal person but for some reason I can't ENTER down on BH tonite? Wtf?! Lol).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Calstar,
    I have had spotting for 4 days before AF really kicks in for the last 2 cycles, it sounds very similar to what you have described.
    I actually have stage IV Endo and only found out I had it when I first came off the pill back in 2009 and my periods started doing funny things. I had also been diagnosed with IBS right from my teenage years and turns out it was the Endo the whole time.
    Everyone is different though and your spotting is probably completely normal, I got really bad pains with AF before my pregnancy with DD.
    Hopefully you get your BFP soon, fingers crossed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeksie80 For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Meeksie.
    I did think it maybe endo, but I never really have any pain linked with AF.
    I get cramps at other times, usually after eating certain foods, if I'm stressed (this more than anything) and if I wear pants with even a remotely tight waistband.
    I actually think my IBS came about due to stress. I never had it before, then had a really crappy time at work and the symptoms started. I can pretty much guarantee that if I get stressed out, I'll get cramps.

Is painful AF a given with endo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah generally painful periods are a classic sign, maybe still worth getting checked out by a Dr if you are worried. I got a lot of irregular bleeding at random times as well.
    IBS is definitely made worse by stress, best thing I was ever told was to go on a long walk each day and just have time to think over everything that was bothering me. The walking at the same time helps. My IBS symptoms have stopped now, for years I used to get terrible cramps (not AF related) that would last for hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeksie80 For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    Hi.
    Actual cycles are averaging at 27 days. My April AF started on 12th April. Think I would have O'd on 24th/25th April, so CD13 or 14...but didn't test so can't be 100%
    Just checked calendar & I got to CD24 before spotting started.

Would appear that AF is here in full force this morning (8th May) so my cycle this month was 26 days.
    So...as mentioned in a previous post, AF came yesterday (8th May). About a medium flow, went through 3 mini tampons the whole day. But I'm thinking that yesterday was the extent of AF :-/
    Because today (9th May) there's barely a flow at all, no full tampons just a bit of blood & some brown discharge. All feels a bit dry too (sorry for tmi).
    So yep, really bizarre period this cycle. I've had the spotting before, but not a one day AF!

Off to see my Dr tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been to the Doc. She agreed a 1 day periods a bit strange.
    So blood test tomorrow to check B-HCG

If negative, we'll be doing a CD21 Progesterone blood test.

Prefer it to be BFP though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking hmm maybe pregnant? Have you done an at home test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. This morning & BFN.
    More pink discharging spotting again today! Seriously body! What ARE you doing?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test = BFN. So on to progesterone level blood tests in a couple of weeks!