+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default If I'm doing it right......where should it hurt??

I'm talking squats!

I'm doing this 30-day squat challenge and I'm half way through but not sure in getting the best results.

I'm feeling the pain mostly in the lower part of my outer thighs - hardly any fatigue in my butt.....so am I doing it wrong???

I've noticed that my thighs are firming up but aren't squats all about the butt???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on how you do them. If you do squats like your sitting on the toilet (bum out, legs hip width apart) you should be but if your legs are wide & yr sinking down (going up pick something up with a straight back) that will focus on your thighs. What technique are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter what kind of squat you are doing you should still feel it in your glutes.

Make sure you are driving up through your heels and when you get to the top you squeeze your glutes.

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It will also depend on how fit and conditioned you are to begin with. Make sure your technique is right too. Knees should never extend beyond your toes but should stay inline with your feet. Chest should be up and squat by putting your bum back and lower until you have about a 90 degree angle in your knees or your thighs are parallel with the floor.

If that's not hard enough for you then you could try doing some little ones as in lower, hold, go up a little bit then back down again. (Does that make sense?)

You could also try holding some dumbells to add extra weight.

As a PP said, push/drive up through your heels, not the balls of your feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok - thanks everyone!

I think I definitely need to focus on pushing through my heels more and squeezing at the top.

I find it hard to tell if I'm keeping my knees in line with my toes, might google/you tube for some pointers!

It's definitely not a case of it being too easy - I'm pretty unfit!