+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    How did you go? Thinking of you x
    Rachel! Yesterday we got the devastating news that all embryos had stopped growing, only grew by 1 cell each and told not to expect transfer to go ahead. We were in shock. Started researching donor eggs just absolutely beside myself last night, couldn't even update to tell you. Told to call this morning just to confirm it not going ahead - lo and behold a miracle happened!!!! We have 1 early blastocyst and 1 compacting morula onboard right now!!! My god I almost passed out when they told me and had to race in for transfer as we were just lying in bed totally depressed. Thanks so much for your support. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    Rachel! Yesterday we got the devastating news that all embryos had stopped growing, only grew by 1 cell each and told not to expect transfer to go ahead. We were in shock. Started researching donor eggs just absolutely beside myself last night, couldn't even update to tell you. Told to call this morning just to confirm it not going ahead - lo and behold a miracle happened!!!! We have 1 early blastocyst and 1 compacting morula onboard right now!!! My god I almost passed out when they told me and had to race in for transfer as we were just lying in bed totally depressed. Thanks so much for your support. Xx
    OMG so happy you got the transfer!! Every step is so excruciating I could feel your pain and surprise. Hopefully my theory of transferring two will at least give you one bub or two. It's amazing how things can change so quickly, so good when it has a positive outcome. Now you can relax and hope for the best. I too was so happy just to make the transfer, it's such a big hurdle. Fingers crossed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Rachel, your support means a lot. please keep me updated with how things go with your fs and what he says about your treatment options. When do you meet with him next? Can I ask are you with genea Sydney? They are on my last ditch place to try list before moving onto donor if we need to due to their brilliant culture media (in the news recently) for people with embryo quality issues, eventhough we would have to fly from brissie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We meet with him on Tuesday. Yes I am with Genea Sydney. My first cycle was with IVF Australia. Genea are so much more professional, they invest in science and technology. The day surgery is so well organised and the nurses are lovely. IVFA only did EPU with a general anesthetic, Genea use a local so much easier and DH is with me in the room which is so much better. We agreed to be part of the trial for the new culture when I had the twins. Now the culture is approved. If the time comes (hope it doesn't) and you need more info just let me know.

Just noticed you're the same age as me
    Last edited by Rachael3; 11-05-2013 at 11:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome about being with genea & the culture media, that's great!
    Are you with the clinic director, I think mark is his name? When i spoke to them they recommended him (and gave us a few others profiles to choose from) for our case. PM me if you'd rather not say which doc etc on a public thread.
    Thank god your appt is on Tuesday, bet it can't come soon enough! Only a couple days to go. Xx
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 11-05-2013 at 14:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Just noticed you're the same age as me
    Yes! We started trying at 30 too as soon as married, never imagining it would be late in the game and we'd be in this position now. It just took that long to meet the right person, never mind putting off having kids for any other reason.
    Can I ask something, sorry if this is painful to read. Did you lose your twins because your waters broke early? I just know of another lady who lost a baby well into the pregnancy and she then needed a cervical stitch on the next one. It was still touch and go, but she made it in the end although the baby was premmie. I guess your fs has looked at all the reasons it might have happened so as to put every precaution in place for next time.
    I feel your hubby is right too, that it would be so very unlikely to happen again to you. And I agree with you to push on and keep trying as I know when we have kids (however they happen) that will be when the real healing takes place. I'm trying to use the pain and anger I feel to motivate me to keep going as I know in my heart that having a family is the circle of life that makes sense for us. X

Ps - yes I will keep in touch re. genea and will pm you if I need info in the near future. Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 11-05-2013 at 14:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lissyloulou have a good TWW.

Just saw a question beforehand re prednisolone.
    In my case it did not affect my egg quality or quantity positively or negatively. It purely works on your immune system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks moongazer, are you looking to cycle again soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I just read this thread - sorry for what you are all going through. I have just had one 2 day embie from Stim cycle no 8 transferred with genea sydney - BT is 16th May. 2ww driving me crazy. We had only one emby this time hence the 2dt.

Just wanted to comment on Hcg versus progesterone support: they both do the same thing so not necessarily an advantage using one over the other. HCG injections stimulate the corpus luteum (sort of a blood filled shell with whats left over where the follicle was at epu) to secrete progesterone until the baby produces enough hcg of its own to keep stimulating the progesterone production itself. At some point in early pregnancy the placenta starts to produce its own progesterone so the corpus luteum is not needed anymore.
    In an ivf cycle the corpus luteum(s) may not function normally hence the need for supplemental progesterone. If you have had lots of eggs collected in a stim cycle then stimulating the corpus luteums with hcg injections can trigger OHSS so not a good idea. If you have less than 8 to 10 eggs collected then hcg injections can be all that is needed to support the pregnancy. If you are at risk of OHSS then progesterone cream or pessaries is the best option. This last cycle my FS gave me both as she was worried that I only had 2 eggs so hcg alone may not have produced enough progesterone to support a pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi vettc, all the best...only a few more days to go for you! Not sure yet if my bt is 22 or 23 may
    I'm on hcg (pregnyl) injections plus high dose progesterone as apparently I need higher than usual progesterone due to very high nk cells. I was told to only take the hcg if I was well enough (no ohss symptoms) for the reason you said as I collected 19 eggs, but all good here and trying to throw everything I can in so I'm doing both