+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies, DH and I have read through all your comments. It's important for him to see how much more testing etc. you have done. I booked our first appointment with a Reproductive Immunologist Dr Matthias and will speak to our FS at our follow up appointment. We are going straight into another stim cycle as the first appointment with the RI is not until the end of June. I would love our FS to try adding something to the mix but I feel stupid telling him to add Clexane etc. as I don't know what they are and if I need them. Do you ladies have any suggestion? Did any of your FS's add anything without testing whether you need it or not (no time for testing right now). I will also ask him about PGD testing but there is not point in spending the extra money until I am cleared of NK cells.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    25
    Reviews
    0
    Hi RachelW,
    I am sorry you have such a hard road, this is a battle sometimes.
    I have had 4 full stims and one frozen cycle to be BFP twice with early miscarriages. After the first MC they found out I have Factor 5 Leiden, which is a blood clotting disorder. I was then on clexane for my next cycle (which was the second BFP). Clexane is a blood thinner. The test for Factor 5 Leiden was a simple blood with results back in about 2 days I think. It's something your GP could request. Another blood clotting one that can be tested for is MTHFR.
    Good luck.
    BTW - we had single transfers for the first three - all flat out BFN. Our last two were double transfers with BFP but MC about 5-6 weeks

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Thanks ladies, DH and I have read through all your comments. It's important for him to see how much more testing etc. you have done. I booked our first appointment with a Reproductive Immunologist Dr Matthias and will speak to our FS at our follow up appointment. We are going straight into another stim cycle as the first appointment with the RI is not until the end of June. I would love our FS to try adding something to the mix but I feel stupid telling him to add Clexane etc. as I don't know what they are and if I need them. Do you ladies have any suggestion? Did any of your FS's add anything without testing whether you need it or not (no time for testing right now). I will also ask him about PGD testing but there is not point in spending the extra money until I am cleared of NK cells.
    After a miscarriage & multiple BFN's
    Without testing my FS put me straight on steroids in case of natural we cells & cleaner, she said the blood increase in my uterus would also help with implantation.

    I think it's important to mix things up, even if your bit always tested first.

    These changes might have been what helped up her over the line. Still nervous as hell though...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rachel, I'd ask about Luveris and extra hcg at and after transfer.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and I took aspirin as a matter of course.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    Hi RachelW,
    I am sorry you have such a hard road, this is a battle sometimes.
    I have had 4 full stims and one frozen cycle to be BFP twice with early miscarriages. After the first MC they found out I have Factor 5 Leiden, which is a blood clotting disorder. I was then on clexane for my next cycle (which was the second BFP). Clexane is a blood thinner. The test for Factor 5 Leiden was a simple blood with results back in about 2 days I think. It's something your GP could request. Another blood clotting one that can be tested for is MTHFR.
    Good luck.
    BTW - we had single transfers for the first three - all flat out BFN. Our last two were double transfers with BFP but MC about 5-6 weeks
    DH said I have been tested for blood clotting disorders and it came back negative (can't remember all the tests I've done). Interesting about your last comment, goes to show a 2nd embryo helps the other to implant.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    After a miscarriage & multiple BFN's
    Without testing my FS put me straight on steroids in case of natural we cells & cleaner, she said the blood increase in my uterus would also help with implantation.

    I think it's important to mix things up, even if your bit always tested first.

    These changes might have been what helped up her over the line. Still nervous as hell though...
    Thanks Marttc, I will push our FS for the steroids.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    4,843
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can buy aspirin over the counter at the pharmacy.
    The dose is 100mg which is a brand called cartia. It is the same aspirin older people take for blood thinning.
    You could suggest to your FS to start that at the very least.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    408
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked
    147
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Rachel this is just a suggestion -
    The Endo biopsy I did in the cycle before my last transfer - it took 10 mins and easy procedure. It's supposed to aid implantation by injuring the Endo causing extra blood flow. Theres some research studies about how this helps embies to stick. My FS also sent the endo sample to get tested for NK cells and got negative result back within about 1 week.
    If you can wait another cycle before stimming again then this worth a try.

    I have heard great things about Matthias- there is a whole thread dedicated to him on BH. I also had an appt but cancelled when I fell preggo.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    You can buy aspirin over the counter at the pharmacy.
    The dose is 100mg which is a brand called cartia. It is the same aspirin older people take for blood thinning.
    You could suggest to your FS to start that at the very least.
    Will take this if FS won't try anything different. Do you take one a day from start of stim until the end of the TWW, even on day of EPU and ET? Have you heard anything negative from taking Cartia?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 10-05-2013 at 05:21.


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Day 5 embryo transfer
    By An182 in forum IVF
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-03-2013, 08:34
  2. Ultrasound embryo transfer
    By Cheals in forum IVF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 19:15
  3. 2 embryo transfer?
    By muzzy in forum IVF
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 08:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!