+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 embryo transfer theory - what do you think?

I've had 1 IUI and 9 transfers. All embryo's transferred were 5 day blasts. FS said they look normal so the only reason why they won't stick is if there is a chromosome issue.

DH and I find it hard to believe that the time we decide to transfer 2 embies that they were the only 2 with perfect chromosomes. Never thought 1 would stick, let alone 2. We have read that by transferring 2 one helps the other and I think we have proved this right.

I have come to the point where I am giving up. IVF and infertility has changed my world upside down and we are ready to sell everything and leave because of this. I have just experienced another BFN, and even though I lost twins at 19 weeks we might need to take the chance again.

Has anyone got any thought? We can't keep transferring one and nothing happens. This is killing us emotionally and financially.

We will speak to our FS but I really feel I have 1 round of IVF left in me so its got to count.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 06-05-2013 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sucks . Sorry for your loss.

So you did genetic testing on those two embryos? Are you sure it's not the genetic testing that made them stick rather than transferring 2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks...no we have never done genetic testing. I meant they were perfect because the 2 stuck. No point in testing as we only ever get 1 or 2 blasts to transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do a couple of fresh cycles and bank your embryos and genetically test them. At least you know if that's where you are going wrong?

Was there a reason your twins miscarried at 19 weeks? Sorry if I'm being too personal.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes embies just don't stick it doesn't mean they had a chromosomal abnormality. They might have but the mc alone does not confirm that.

I'm sorry for the loss if your boys xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I have to wait any longer think I would shoot myself to bank embryo's and the cost would be high. Will speak to our FS about it anyway. We are running out of time, really over it but want a baby so much. Nothing was wrong with our twins. I lost them due to an infection that got into my system and forced early labour. The worst day of our lives. Both bubs were tested and were fine. Their little heartbeats always so strong.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 06-05-2013 at 20:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been tested for natural killer cells?
    It is done with a d and c and biopsy.

If positive you follow a Colorado protocol which includes a broad spectrum antibiotic to treat any possible infection, 100mg aspirin and prednisolone to down the immune system. Pred continues 3 months into the pregnancy.
    I had a few grade A embryos with bfn or bfp and early mc.
    My FS thought I may have NKC. She was right.
    NKC see an embryo as a foreign body. They kill it off and the embryo cannot survive.

I hope you find answers and get your BFP soon. It is a painful ride to be on.
    Last edited by moongazer; 06-05-2013 at 21:36.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (07-05-2013),Wise Enough  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No haven't been tested for NK cells. Had all the forms and appointment ready to go last year but got our BFP with the twins. Didn't see the point after that as my body didn't fight them off. Have mentioned it to our FS and he thinks the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my m/c & many failed FET that looked great, my FS treated me for NK cells on steroids pesidone & clexane injections - I just got a BFP!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (06-05-2013),Rachael3  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael

I'm so very sorry that you've had a negative cycle again. You are so strong to have been through all that you have. We've done a full year of back to back cycles and I was an emotional wreck after that...not to mention the financial ruin we've got ourselves into :-(

The best thing I've done is take a break, and I know how very difficult that is...the waiting is an absolute killer. But the break has been wonderful. Now I'm working on making myself stronger for our next cycle as I'm sure it must be the stress that is the cause of no success for us yet. I'm doing walks, pilates, yoga and considering a little deep breathing/meditation along with acupressure (massage), counselling and filling my life with positivity.

As for what you should do, I'd saying helping yourself to become as emotionally and financially secure as you can has to be number one.

Transferring 1 or 2 blasts is such a difficult decision, and unfortunately I don't know the answer. I have been leaning toward asking for 2 to be transferred but given what you've been through, the risks associated with twins and the recommendation from my fs we will probably still try single transfers for a little bit longer yet. I guess you've got to ask yourself what is the best decision/outcome for you and your family and what would be best for your baby/ies??

Good luck with everything, hope you get your much deserved BFP soon xx