+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many Embies One or Two

This will be my first cycle, I am 32 and DH has low sperm motility. I am okay (as far as tests have gone).

So I have an important Q to ask re my IVF clinic called and told me that they will transfer two embies but I have to sign a waiver? How many embies have others had transferred. Is one or two better....I really thought my FS would say no but he said he would do it so now I am unsure of what to do?? She told me we run a high risk of having 3 or 4 babies and they may have things wrong with them ect. I read up a bit and from there I ascertained that with two embies you are more likely to get two or one baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi. Are you having your embies ICSI'd? I've been told that it has an increased risk of embryos splitting. I'm only 27 and my FS has written one/two on my next transfer sheet. I still haven't decided (and probably won't until transfer day) but I'm leaning a little towards two. We are dealing with severe ogliospermia, endo, PCOS, low AMH, blocked tube and two failed cycles with perfect embies. It's such a difficult decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ICSI'd. I know it is hard I chose two on the sheet but thought they'd say no. My DH said to do one the first cycle and if it fails then try two next cycle...so we may just go with that :/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think to start one would be a good idea, I know plenty of ladies who had success first go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Start with 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic had a fair bit of evidence that implanting more than one doesn't actually have a higher success rate of implantation, just of multiples.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have MFI issues only, I would consider 1 only to start. We had MFI and used ICSI, BFP first time. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have put up another thread similar, since you are just starting try one first.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 06-05-2013 at 20:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the first 3 cycles transfer 1, after that go to two. It does increase your risk of complications if you have more than 1. When I was contemplating it my sister gave me great advice, she said if you end up with twins you will survive but you won't enjoy the baby stage. So I transferred 1 and got to enjoy sleepy baby cuddles in the recliner all day .

I did transfer two one cycle, one was a perfect blastocyst and the other wasn't as nice and they didn't think it would freeze. So I put both back and neither took!

Did another fresh cycle recently and when talking to the embryologist about how many to transfer she discouraged it, saying the embryos were of such a high quality there's a high chance I would get twins.

I definitely think two or three cycles before you go to transferring two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies ..after a chat to my hubby and my Dad we have decided to go with one the first cycle and then reevaluate and discuss with FS and Monash if the first cycle doesn't work. That way we will have a clearer of picture of my egg quality, how the blasting goes and how many god embies we end up with.