+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Hi Shloz,

Sorry that your first cycle was unsuccessful.

I have extremely high ATA's (hashimotos disease) yet normal functioning thyroid. My endocrinologist has told me that eventually my thyroid will start failing (TSH will rise) and I'll have to rely on Thyroxine to keep within the normal range. In the meantime it has been frustrating because so many doctors think 'normal TSH= no problem'.

I recommend you read the book "Is your body baby friendly" by Dr Alan Beer.

Unfortunately there is no magic solution to lower your anti-bodies. I have heard some people have success with grain-free diets and naturopath herbs. I tried both, neither made a difference for me. You have nothing to lose by trying those out and seeing if they'll work for you.

I had 2 failed IVF cycles before finding out about my ATA's. After that I researched for hours on end and found this article: http://www.rbej.com/content/7/1/137

Basically, it says that if you take Thyroxine, aspirin and prednisone (or prednisolone) in conjunction with IVF treatment, the pregnancy outcomes are improved. I had to change clinics to find a FS who would let me try this treatment protocol. Unfortunately, still no BFP for me. But again, it might be something that would work for you, and there is no harm in trying.

I ended up seeing a Reproductive Immunologist because I was at my wits end after 6 failed IVF cycles. My RI ran some more tests and found another problem, so with my next IVF I will be on a very aggressive protocol to stop my body rejecting the embryos. There is a separate section of the forum for Reproductive Immunology here: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ive-Immunology

Sorry if that is a lot of info to digest. I wish I had a success story for you, but I'm still looking for my own answers on how to combat my ATA's. Don't lose hope, there are treatment options available and if you do a forum search, you will find ladies with Hashi's who have had successful pregnancies.

Best of luck
    hi Simpsondesert, sorry it's been so long since my last reply. I've done 5 failed rounds of IVF to date. Having an endometrial scratch soon and then straight into round 6. I finally saw the endocrinologist and I asked him if I have graves or hashimotos and I don't. He has put me on thyroxin as he said it may help me get pregnant, plus prednisone and aspirin. Round 6 will be the first will all these medications on board. My antinuclear antibodies have reduced from 1:640 to 1:160 which is a massive drop! So that was a positive just thought I would update you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi shloz,

Sorry to hear you are still on the IVF train and gearing up for #6. With the extra meds I hope it will be your lucky cycle. Tons of baby dust to you.

I finally have a success story to share. My first transfer after starting Dr Matthias' immune protocol got us our BFP. Our baby girl was born 9 days ago

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Hi shloz,

Sorry to hear you are still on the IVF train and gearing up for #6. With the extra meds I hope it will be your lucky cycle. Tons of baby dust to you.

I finally have a success story to share. My first transfer after starting Dr Matthias' immune protocol got us our BFP. Our baby girl was born 9 days ago
    wow congrats....seems to be everyone but me

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, i have hypothyroidism and am taking thyroxine, TSH levels are good but my antibodies (TPO) were at 700 a few months ago, i consulted my fertility doc and an RE, who both didnt believe the ATAs would affect anything... i had read about the aspirin prednisolone but neither doctor recommended it when i suggested it... not sure what to think about this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulgsn2014 View Post
    Hi SimpsonDesert

From your signature I can guess you have had a lot of struggles before getting the much deserved BFP.
    I wanted to ask which protocol did your RE finally try to get that BFP?
    Any thing you specially did for the ATA?
    My TPO antibody count is 280 as of Aug 2013 and I have failed three IVF's in total.. no implantation at all.
    Sorry I missed your post hopeful. Here is the thread where I wrote out my successful protocol http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=496090

Hope that helps and good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

hopefulgsn2014  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Simpsondesert!!
    That link was very helpful. I will show this protocol to my RE and will convince her to try it once on me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulgsn2014 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very helpful

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsFurBabies View Post
    hi everyone, i have hypothyroidism and am taking thyroxine, TSH levels are good but my antibodies (TPO) were at 700 a few months ago, i consulted my fertility doc and an RE, who both didnt believe the ATAs would affect anything... i had read about the aspirin prednisolone but neither doctor recommended it when i suggested it... not sure what to think about this
    I am in the same boat @missfurbabies!!! My fs is also convinced the antibodies arnt the issue and since there is no cute they just ignore it's presence! My thyroid is normal but my endo put me on 50 of thyroxin, I'm on prednisone because I have rheumatoid arthritis and aspirin for my antinuclear antibodies which have dropped hugely from 1:640 to 1:160! I'm doing round 6 of IVF shortly with all this on board plus an endometrial scratch!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shloz For This Useful Post:

MrsFurBabies  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Simpson!
    Congrats on your little girl and wishing the very best in life for her.

Have got a doubt. When did you start the steroids ( I don't remember whether it was prednisone or dexamethasone). You have mentioned you started it 6 weeks before your FET but do you remember which cycle day it was? And does cycle day plays any importance or we can just begin it any day approximately 6 weeks beforehand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually my RE is not willing to try this protocol so may be I will start it without her consent based on my research and experience of people out here.
    Thanks