+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Cool Anti-thyroid Antibodies

Hi Everyone, I have completed my first round of IVF which failed. I have been diagnosed with antithyroid antibodies with a fully functioning thyroid (Euthyroid I think its called) the normal range is 50 I think and I am sitting in the 70s. Been ttc for 2 years before the ivf attempt. I turn 33 on the 11th of may.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Schloz! I am also 33 and have thyroid anti-bodies with normal thyroid function. In my 8th cycle of TTC, no luck yet.....

I have seen seeing a naturopath for 3 months to try and reduce my anti-bodies. I am taking supplements from her as well as trying to follow a wheat free diet.

Fingers crossed for us both

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG thank goodness I have found someone like me Laurs!!!!! Do you know how high your antibodies are? My hubby had a look and mine are 73. I'm scared its that stopping me from having children...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Laurs, do you have an autoimmune issue as well? I have rheumatoid arthritis. I have ANA speckled 1/640 also. It would be good to keep in touch as I am interested talking to people in the same boat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes good to find someone in the same situation - we can hopefully motivate each other

I have no other auto immune issue that I am aware of. At last count my thyroid antibodies were >1000!!!

I have been taking the naturopath meds for over 2 months now and also trying to follow a wheat free diet. Think I will give it another month or so them getu levels retested to see if they have decreased at all....

Its really hard as nobody can give you a definite answer on how these things will effect fertility and pregnancy

Lets keep in touch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Shloz  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Laurs, yes lets definitely keep in touch!!! My antithyroid antibodies is 73. Seems so much lower than in the 1000's you poor thing that does seem really high! I wonder if 73 is terribly high though? I am just figuring if i'm not getting pregnant and there is nothing wrong with me or hubby, then what the hell is causing my infertility? They said my eggs are ok, hubby is excellent. I do have a low AMH of 3.6 which is pretty crap. I heard that the antibodies cause the low amh. How is your AMH?? is it low?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm just wondering what tests you had done to diagnose your anti thyroid antibodies? What symptoms do you have? If ordinary thyroid blood tests come back as within normal levels, can you still have anti thyroid antibodies?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to chime in. I have thyroid antibodies around the 600 range. I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I also have a low AMH so not sure if its related. I fell pregnant the first time and lost the baby as apparently the thyroid antibodies had attacked my growing baby. I was put on Thyroxine amongst other naturopathic medications and 2 months later conceived our gorgeous girl who I am 4 days away from meeting
    Even though my thyroid function is normal , my TSH was over 3 when it should be optimally under 1.5 to conceive. The Thyroxine dropped my TSH to 1.8 and that's when I conceived.
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 12-05-2013 at 18:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats First Time Mummy and good luck! I had anti-thyroid antibodies >1000 and TSH 5.5 but no symptoms apart from infertility. On Thyroxine TSH went down to 1.8. I conceived and now 8 years later I have 3 children. I feel really quite lucky because the Hashimotos is easy for me to manage and live with. I know it isn't that way for everyone. Good luck ladies. Arm yourselves with as much knowledge as possible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to oops For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shloz I just had my AMH tested last week and am waiting on the results.

Hummingbird you have to ask for the Antibody test. You can have normal thyroid function and still have antibodies (my thyroid function is ok). Last check it TSH was 1.7

First Time Mummy, congratulations! Glad to hear that a positive outcome is possible.

Oops, thank you for your input, you have given me so much hope I am not taking any thyroxine but am taking rhemannia and a herbal thyroid support from my naturopath as well as taking vitamin D, high dose fish oil, magnesium and Blackmore's Conceive Well Gold. No BFP yet and am into my 8th cycle TTC.....
    Last edited by Pumpkin1106; 12-05-2013 at 22:19.