+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has anyone else had a miscarriage for their first pregnancy & is over 30?

Has anyone else had a miscarriage for their first pregnancy & is over 30? Have you gone on to have at least 2 or more babies? Did u regret waiting until you were 30 or more to start TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't answer this question personally yet at we've only just started trying again after our loss at 20 weeks. But I can reassure you with my boss' story. She was 32 when she started trying and had four miscarriages. They then finally diagnosed what was happening (she had a clotting disorder) and since then she's had two very healthy babies and will probably have one or two more.

There is light at the end of the tunnel even though it seems so f**king scary right now. I am sure you and I both with have healthy babies in our arms!

Early miscarriages are very common and most women go on to have a healthy family. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry if I worried you with the fact that she had 4 miscarriages! She has a clotting disorder and now that they've for fired it out she gives herself injections when she starts TTC. Her story would be a worst case scenario and no way means you and I will go on to have multiple losses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I became pregnant for the first time last year, at the age of 35. We conceived easily - first month trying - so it seemed like all was fine. Unfortunately, it later turned out to be a blighted ovum. All of a sudden I went from feeling like my fertility was fine, and we'd be successful in having a baby, to being absolutely terrified that we'd left it to late, that my eggs were old and damaged, and that we were doomed to be childless. I really felt hopeless. However, five months after that, we conceived again. After having a loss, successive pregnancies can bring up a whole bunch of fears, and you worry that something will go wrong. But I'm now 22 weeks with a little boy who has passed all the scans and tests with flying colours. All of that beating myself up for months after my M/C was really for nothing - I realize now that it was a waste of energy that could have been better spent doing positive things, like exercising and eating right to help me conceive. I know how distressing it feels right now - but please, don't make the same mistake I did and let it stress you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant for the first time at 30 but unfortunately lost that one due to a partial molar. Four months later I fell pregnant with my now 2 year old DS.
    Last year I got pregnant again but lost it early on at about 6 weeks I think but I got pregnant the very next cycle with my now 3 week old DS.

I do not regret waiting until I was 30 to start my family.

I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    32, I've had 3 mc all at about 6-8 weeks. Took a year to get pregnant again after first mc then 3 pregnancies in the last 7 months, now 10 weeks and taking it really easy so fingers crossed for this one
    Diagnosed with PCOS, lost about 15kg which I think has made the difference in conceiving for us. I do regret waiting, wish I known about my health problems sooner.