Closed Thread
Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Thanks, that's what I have been doing. Do I have to stay in bed when I check my temp though? I usually pop it in my mouth then go off to the bathroom.
    You should not be moving!

It has to be taken at rest, as soon as you move your temps will change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ohhhh thanks ladies! No wonder my chart looks like crap haha!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my setup - my alarm is set at 5am, when the alarm goes off I roll over to face bedside cabinet. Pick up thermometer & take temp (while still laying in bed) I don't sit up, stretch, talk etc.
    When the temps taken, I write it down on little notepad. Then I get up and start my day. I add all the temp info into FF later on.
    If I wake up before my alarm, so before 5am and I've already had 4+ hours sleep I will take my temp then. For instance; the last 2 mornings I woke up at 3/3.30am and took my temps then, because I'd had my block of 4+ hours sleep, and the time between then & my alarm going off doesn't allow me to have another block of sleep

Hope the insight helps people :-)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    So I get up at 6.45 every morning. If I wake up at 6 to go to the bathroom, (i go back to bed and nap til my alarm) should i take my temp then or at 6.45 when I'm up for the day?
    If you wake up within 3 hours of wake up time take your temp when you first wake up. Within about 10-20mins of waking up my temp would increase by ay least about 0.1-0.2C...taking your temp half an hour either way won't affect your chart too much if you've taken your temp straight away on waking (or at least thats what I found). Its when your sleep is disturbed (ie. Wake frequently through the night) or you take it at the very different time (ie. At 5:30 instead of 7) that it seemed to throw my chart out a bit. But taking it at 5:30 is probably better than going back to sleep and taking it at 7am after less than 3hrs uninterupted sleep.

Eta: definitely take your temp before getting up. don't even roll over to snuggle your partner! (also try not to fall asleep with the thermometer in your mouth... )

Oral temps should be fine, especially with practise though if you sleep with your mouth open it may throw out your temps. So do what works for you. Oral temps won't be an accurate reflection on your true temp...your actual body temp could be as much as 0.5-1C higher but this doesn't matter as long as you're consistent in how you take your temp.

In the last few months of TTC I never tested before 12dpo. Any earlier and the result could be completely inaccurate whereas what you get at 12dpo (or 13 or 14 dpo if you can wait that longer) is likely to be accurate most of the time. There's no way I would have had a positive before 12dpo the month I got pregnant...as it is at 12dpo the line was so so faint I didn't believe it anyway!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 12-06-2013 at 23:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah... temp just dropped. God my body is predictable...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think my Internet cheapy thermometer is dodgy. I took my temp in bed when first waking it was 36.49. Took it again straight away (without moving) and it was 35.99. Then without moving took it again and it was 36.04.
    - I was slightly disturbed before waking though. Hubby's alarm went off at 5:30 when I planned to sleep in till 6. I did turn in bed once, put the pillow over my head and drop a few silent F bombs before deciding I might as well take my temp then get up.

What thermometers do you all use?
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-06-2013 at 05:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surgipack ovulation digital thermometer

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is kinda cool. I knew I was predictable!

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jen... although predictable is better than unpredictable if you ask me. At least you don't get your hopes up EVERY cycle because each one is different (like me). fx for next cycle.

VP - I bought my bbt thermometer from the chemist. It seems reliable. Your battery might be going flat. Apparently they spaz out when the battery is low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    lost hope that I ovulated on my first cycle.

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/44243a