+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow - we eat really badly!

Most days the girls will have a little packet of tiny teddies.

Today - we were out so they each had a small cup of strawberry milkshake and played with a chocolate brownie (maybe 1/4 of it got eaten).

They had a chocolate yogo.

We have lots of junky snacks.

Maccas etc is almost never - my nearly 4 yo has never had a cheeseburger.

Hot chips - maybe every 3-4 weeks I'll do oven fries

Chips/Shapes - 3-4 weekly if I've bought them for DH and he's left them lying around.

Chicken nuggets - probably weekly (dinner with veg & pasta)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We never get take away or fast food, it's just not in our routine as we prefer home cooked food and we're too cheap to fork out for it. lol. But my 2.5yr old will have a little bit of chocolate most days after his dinner as a treat if he eats well. He only has potato chips and lollies at parties really. If we go out for dinner he often has hot chips or ice cream for dessert, but that might be once a month only.

So generally not too much junk but I believe it's better for kids to be allowed some so they learn to self regulate and enjoy it as a treat, rather than denying them everything and they then binge on it given the opportunity!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    GirlsRock - what's a Bliss Ball?
    Lots of different recipes but this is one we like...http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/cho...s-balls-recipe. I cheat and buy tahini or I add peanut butter instead of blending cashews.

http://theshiksa.com/2012/10/19/pean...oney-truffles/ - these are yummy. I freeze them and grab one out for my DD's kinder lunch when required (or one to have with my coffee). They taste just like a summer roll (I never add salt and I just use store bought peanut butter so they could be healthier if I bought an all natural PB).

I add some chia seeds to the mix as well.

Another recipe we make up is put 125gms of cream cheese in the blender with some oats, sultanas/cranberries/dried apricots etc, coconut, chia. Whiz up and roll into balls. I keep these ones in the freezer and the kids like them nice and hard (they are still chewy, not all frozen and jaw breaking to chew).

One more, no bliss ball, but oh so yummy and easy recipe is this one...http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe...oaf-L6469.html. I only ever add quarter of a cup of sugar (could probably try it without sugar...might do that next time). I sometimes add half cranberries, half dates. I make them up into mini muffin size and freeze them. YUMMY.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (05-05-2013),Pesca77  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Take away is a bit, we cook more then eating out, but I'm still in to process stopping maccas.

Lollies, at parties as I don't buy them.
    Chocolate, hardly every but we do have milo in the house.
    My daughter gets popcorn, noodles or chips with lunch.

They don't eat to much junk, but I thin that's backfiring as when we go to or have parties, they just hang at the junk table and eat and eat and eat..
    My kids do have junk food fairly often and they still hang out at the lolly table, so I'm not sure that its back firing or just what some kids do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, well probably too much. Judging by all the replies so far.

But, they eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner (nearly) everyday plus heaps of fruit so I'm happy.

By the way, those bliss balls sound nice but if you're keen to keep leading your kids down the junk food path (joking!!! ) try these
    1 pack of milk arrowroot crushed
    1 tin condensed milk
    1-2 tablspoons cocca
    Mix together, roll into balls and coat in coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Yummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post

But, they eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner (nearly) everyday plus heaps of fruit so I'm happy.

By the way, those bliss balls sound nice but if you're keen to keep leading your kids down the junk food path (joking!!! ) try these
    1 tin condensed milk
    1-2 tablspoons cocca
    Mix together, roll into balls and coat in coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Yummy

OMG I so want these now. Actually just the tin of condensed milk would do for a start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I feel really bad after reading all your replies!
    DS is so fussy, he only eats couple of spoonfuls of cereals with sultanas in it(there has to be sultanas), I'll be laughing if he actually take more than one bite of the banana I offer him, he takes two bites of the boiled egg, sometimes steamed eggs, and couple of bites of Nutella sandwich. Lunch usually what ever I give him but only few spoonfuls, dinner the same, few spoonfuls. We eg maccas probably 3 meals a week (lunch or dinner) we are out everyday and we work from home with deadlines to meet and sometimes I forget to cook or left it too late really Need to figure a better system out. He lives popcorn so we get the packet ones that's already popped! He loves crackers! The Fantastic ones, he can have a while packet! We don't offer chocolate or biscuits it lollies but he gets a lot of that when he goes to his nanas house which I really don't like but have been told off when I said something he loves packet chips and hot hips though.
    I just find it so so hard to stay healthy and stay within budget, it's just too easy and cheap to eat junk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post

1 tin condensed milk
    1-2 tablspoons cocca
    Oh no, I can better that!

2 packets of tim tams/mint slice
    1 tin condensed milk
    Handful of coconut

Crush biscuits in processor
    Add milk and coconut, blend
    Roll into balls and coat in coconut
    Refrigerate.

AMAZING!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Oh no, I can better that!

2 packets of tim tams/mint slice
    1 tin condensed milk
    Handful of coconut

Crush biscuits in processor
    Add milk and coconut, blend
    Roll into balls and coat in coconut
    Refrigerate.

AMAZING!
    OH MY GAWD!!! I am going to the shops tommorow.