+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They get something 'junky' probably every day, like a biscuit or whatnot, but they also get veggies/healthy stuff every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD doesn't like lollies or jelly. It makes it easier to say no when your kids aren't interested!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids probably get a Lollie pop once a week, hot chips once a fortnight, packet chips once a month, chocolate I sometimes buy them a small frog once a fortnight.
    KFC and Maccas maybe once every 6 months unless there is a friends birthday at these places.
    Pizza once every 6-8 weeks.
    We have arrowroot and scotch finger biscuits they probably have 1-2 a day if they remember they are there.
    And they get a small bag of BBQ shapes in their lunch boxes for school and kinder.
    No cordial or fruit juice unless at Nanna and Pa's which is once every 1-2 weeks.
    I think they are pretty balanced.

Me -30, DH -30, DS -7, DS -5, DS -2 and UTD with #4 Due Jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My poor kids were allergic to dairy, soy, wheat, eggs and gluten when they were little and I was always the mum at parties feeding my kids carrot sticks and homemade hummus while the other kids dug into the junk food. At almost 4 yrs my ds has finally outgrown his allergies and has macca's once a week and a biscuit or small chocolate every few days. He has never had lollies because I'm still too scared to try him on those because they have so many unknown ingredients in them. however I still keep phenergan in the glove box in case we have a reaction but as long as my kids are playing outside, exercising, eating plenty of healthy foods I don't mind. Part of being a kid is eating junk food..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Way way too often, almost every day! If we go to the shops which we do like 3 times a week she will get a small chocolate. On weekends she will have some hot chips or pizza. But she does eat lots of fruit and vegetables still so I guess it's not too bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1-3 times a week for nuggets. Not happy about it but it does happen when we're out and about.

Biscuits like cruskits are our big thing here. The kids love them. I guess I'm happier that they want that rather than lollies.

We do eat jam sandwiches alot which isn't 'junk' but they do love jam.

We dont really eat crisps, chocolate or lollies.

Oh how I wish that nuggets just didn't exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally DD has something every second day, usually when we're out and about, but DH always has chocolate in the house which can be a bit tempting for her. Given that - I just gave DD and her cousin a plate of fruit with some chocolate covered fruit and nuts sprinkled on it - they finished the fruit before they realised what the little brown bits were! We don't generally buy takeaway, once a month fish and chips, everything else is made from scratch.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Probably one thing a day like a homemade cake (I like to bake) or a biscuit.

Take away once a week.

Chocolate.. hmmm.. usually only at parties, Easter, Christmas etc. I have a choc stash but it's FOR MEEEEEE!

Lollies- only from parties

But 6 days a week (the 7th being take away day) they have their 5/2 servings and they're pretty good with their dairy, carbs, fibre etc.

I would say it's balanced- they have everything in moderation and meet the goals regarding fruit and veg. (Actually, scratch that- they have too much fruit which I'm sure is detrimental- natural sugars and all that!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bake lots so

Homemade biscuits and cakes nearly everyday. I usually make diabetic or low GI stuff for the girls.

Hot chips 1-2 a month

Crisps, lollies, chocolate, kfc, maccas never.

Take away food ie Indian or Thai 1-2 a month.

Paternal Grandparents however completely ignore me and do what they want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, this thread has made me feel bad. But I'll be brave and honest

DS1 has something junky nearly every day. Nothing major, but something like a small biscuit or marshmallow for afternoon tea or after dinner.

He has 3 well balanced meals and eats his fruit/veg servings no problems. In fact probably has too much fruit some days.