+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you give your toddler junk food?

How often do you give your toddler, kids junk food?
    Like chips, chocolate, cookies, popcorn and takeaway like maccas etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prob too often. A few times a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are allowed one of their tiny easter eggs with their afternoon tea if they have been good.

We don't keep chips in the house, and generally the only biscuits we have are milk arrowroots!

They generally get "special dinner, ie McDonalds, KFC, or dinner at our local club once a week.

They have yoghurt after dinner, and they both think it is the most awesome treat.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also add, I do bake them treats, but they are usually boring fruit muffins or banana bread, with no added sugar.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Very general question. Popcorn isn't considered junk if it's made properly (ie no salt) as it's actually full of fibre.

But generally

- takeaway pizzas or indian - about once a fortnight
    - fast food eg maccas / kfc - never
    - fish and chips - once a month
    - chocolate - about one a month (they don't really like it though)
    - hot chips - about once a week

Their main addictions rubbish wise are icy poles (about 1 a day in warmer months or when they've been out bike riding or at the beach and are hot), roll ups (about 1 a day), dunkaroos (1 every couple of days).

they don't really like biscuits either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Chocolate - not often at all, maybe once a month, if that.

Lollies - every Saturday after swimming lessons, I buy them a tiny tub of lollies from the swimming pool cafe. They get about 5 each. It's normally a bribe to get them out of the pool as they have free time afterwards

Take away - thai once a month if that.

We go to McDonald's once a week, but don't buy the food (I am not the horse carrot lady, though lol) but my kids love the playground at one McDonald's and we go there on a Friday after they have dancing with my friend and her kids. My kids don't really like the food there, so I usually their lunch and they get an ice cream there.

Cake - only at parties.

Today my daughter went to a party. In the party bag was a Milky Way, fizzer lolly thing and a packet of these Zappo lollies, plus some little nick nacks. In the way home when she was looking in the bag, she asked took the Milky Way out of the bag and asked what it was, then the fizzer and Zappo. I was quite pleased she had never seen them before and asked what they were

ETA - chips, we don't buy them
    Last edited by BigRedV; 05-05-2013 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About once a week, if that.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Homemade cakes or biscuits maybe once or twice a week tops, they are very sensitive to sugar.
    Take out once a month maybe sometimes more.
    We don't do potato chips.
    I make popcorn so it's pretty healthy.
    If you mean cooked chips I make them or I occasionally by them and cook them in the oven.
    They drink nothing but water and milk, the occasional watered down 100% nudie juice or babycino.

Eta. lollies only when they go to a party so maybe once every 2 months if that.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I rarely buy chips. They get a happy meal probably once a week. And a biscuit or chocolate muffin or something every couple of days for afternoon tea.

Their main meals are healthy enough despite their limitations with aversions.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Fast food - never , we don't eat it so he does not know what it is yet ! He tried a hot chip a few months ago but had never liked potato and didn't eat it ! He has never had processed meat or sausages as we don't eat those either but if tries them at someone else's house I won't be as strict now as I would have when he was younger !

We might get take a way food maybe once every few months and that's usually Thai from our local restaurant

Junk food - we usually don't have it unless we are having a party or at parties or at someone's house he has some potato chips or lollies , I usually keep the chocolate for DH and I when he's asleep! his vice is ice cream. ! Usually we go out to a restaurant once a week for dinner and he has a bowl of ice cream for dessert or if we at at the beach etc, plus if we have people over for dinner/ lunch ( usually once a week) ill make a dessert that he will eat

I do give him organic air popped pop corn and he will eat a little but he's not a huge fan and mum has a special cookie stash he gets when he goes over there!