+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FF as mum had to return to work when I was 6 weeks. Never sick. Also done pretty well academically/career wise.

Are some people implying that the reason they have good/bad adult relationships with their mum has anything at all to do with BFing as an infant??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My brother was FF due to sever allergies which he ended up growing out of at about age 10. He was on a prescription formula.

When I was born doctors told her I'd be the same and just put me straight on the script formula too.

Health wise. We are both pretty healthy. I have bad asthma but that's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was ff my other 3 sibling were bf.
    all have no allergies no major health issues same goes for myself even though I was the odd one out

Me (21) DH (25) DS (4) DD (2)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There are 4 of us, 3 bf 1 ff.

The one that was ff has struggled with weight, but is more intelligent... Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    FF as mum had to return to work when I was 6 weeks. Never sick. Also done pretty well academically/career wise.

Are some people implying that the reason they have good/bad adult relationships with their mum has anything at all to do with BFing as an infant??
    It seems that some BFers count bonding as one of the benefits, but the point has to be made that it doesn't really mean that it's because of the BFing because FF babies also have great bonds with their mother - it really depends on the individual and the mother's state of mind, in my eyes. A nurturing home environment goes a long way to a good relationship and bond, regardless of who was fed breast milk or formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post

6 weeks that sucks! Your poor mum.

With my mum I'm not saying we have a bad relationship because she FF me. I'm saying her reasons for FF'ing (not wanting anyone to touch her nipples not even her new baby) were a red flag and indicative of deeper issues that were the root cause of her well .. Not being the best mum. I have no doubt there are FF mums on here that have close relationships with their kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am my mothers only child (my siblings are only biologically my fathers) and I was bf while my mother was in hospital but the day she left hospital she switched to formula because she felt uncomfortable bfing in front of my aunts and uncles and grandparents. She tried switching me back after those few days but I only wanted the formula. I don't think it has made any difference to me any illnesses I have are genetic that couldn't be avoided even if she did bf. I asked my Mum if she wished it had been different she says not really as long as I ate quick before the other kids destroyed the house she was happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was mostly breastfed with occasional supplement feeds of formula. I'm a pretty healthy adult, no allergies or serious health conditions.

How we are fed as babies is not the be all and end all of how we turn out. Our diet once we start solids, exposure to toxins and/or diseases, environmental factors, everything contributes to how we turn out. But even though bf or ff won't necessarily make a huge difference in the long run, I still intend to bf my baby for as long as I can because at this moment in time, it is the best thing for him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was FF. I have no medical issues.
    Brother was FF and has a few minor medical issues (asthma, high blood pressure)

My parents decision to FF me had no impact on my decision to BF my children. It was harder for me though as i had no support while BF as my mum had no clue how to help me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was BFd until I self weaned around 2, my brother's were both BF for about 3 years I think.

We are all extremely healthy, I'm now overweight, but that's my own doing.

Both of my kids have been FF from birth and are extremely similar health wise to my siblings and I, as well as my DH's family.

All of which have no allergies, but there are high rates of Autism in our families.

DH and his siblings were all BF'd until school age and any health issues seem to be related to their poor nutrition outside of breast milk (toast for dinner, packet of biscuits for lunch). Lovely that this same women felt it was/is fine to blame every sniffle on my 'selfishness'. Hah.