+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Myself and my siblings were all breastfed, no issues. But it's impossible to know whether I would be healthier or less healthy if FF because, well, I wasn't!

I did notice my DS did get sicker more frequently and more severly once HE stopped breastfeeding as he was no longer receiving my antibodies, although now as a 7 year old he's just a normal kid who occasionally picks up a bug because he's too darn lazy to wash his hands properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of six. We were all bf except for one of my brothers who failed to thrive. He has gone on to be very different from us, very little, skinny, highly strung, doesnt eat still, etc.
    I'm not saying this is bc he was ff, most likely his failure thrive. He has allergies, asthma, eczema, and has the worst relationship with our parents out of all of us. He was obviously one of those babies that would have been miracles to survive without medical intervention.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was comp fed and have a tank immune system and have thrived. I'm pretty sure my brothers were comp fed/more formula fed too and they're both very similar to me. My oldest sister (mum's first) was fully breastfed and has a million and one allergies. I don't think the way we were fed really made a difference, just 'luck of the draw'.

Edit: We all have decent relationship with our mum. I have the least but it has nothing to do with how I was fed. My youngest older brother has the best relationship with her and he's the one who was more ff than bf.
    Last edited by αληθη; 05-05-2013 at 18:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was BF for 9+ months and have the constitution of an ox! Everyone around me gets sick and drops like a bag of sheet and I don't even get a sniffle. Not sure if it was bc I was BF though, I don't have time to get sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was bf till 10 months then just solids and cows milk I think. No allergies or health issues.

My younger sister was bf till 7 months then solids and formula. She has asthma and asthma related allergies.

I don't believe the milk we were fed made any difference at all. Asthma runs through both sides of our family. I'm certain it was genetic roulette!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have one sister. I was ff from 2 months, my sister was bf until 9 months.

I don't think there's any difference between us that can be put down to the way we were fed as babies. Mum is even sure that we both started sleeping through at 6 months, so no difference even there!

We are both smart, and are very close to our Mum. As a child I would actually usually go to my Dad more often, for example if I woke in the middle of the night I would go to his side of the bed rather than Mums, but I don't think that has anything to do with being ff. I did ask Mum how often Dad would do a night feed for her with me and he actually didn't do any! Although he would do an ebm/ff feed in hospital and probably during the day if he was home.

Neither my sister or I have allergies, we're healthy adults, there's no way you could pick who was ff or bf for longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother was the only one BF as it didn't work with the rest of us.
    I'm the 'smartest' book wise.
    Breastfed brother has asthma and recurrent problems to this day.
    Little brother had asthma when he was younger.
    My BF brother and I are the only ones with an allergy to certain dish soaps.
    Sister is fine, no problems at all.

Breast is best hasn't worked here, genetics has played a huge part though as most of the men in my family suffer from breathing issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh wait - I misread the question. lol.

Mum can't remember which was which, but out of my brother and I one was BFed for 6 months, the other 9 months.

He had issues as a kid, mostly to do with his ears (grommets and constant problems). I didn't.

Neither had allergies. Apart from his grommets, neither of us ever went to hospital. He was the sickly one, the wussy one. Both of us did well at school, he did a bit better in the earlier years.

Pretty much nobody had allergies when I was a kid anyway. Like, there was always ONE kid you knew who was allergic to practically everything... but nobody else was.

I don't think I can really say if it would have turned out differently if she had fed us differently. Even if FF one of us from birth and breastfed the other for 2 years... we're totally different people, built totally different, etc anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was formula fed. No allergies aside from hay fever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister and brother were both adopted so were FF. My sister has anaphylaxis to cashews and chronic hayfever, but is otherwise healthy. Brother is very healthy - about the least sick person I know.

I was BF for 6 months then transitioned to FF. my health has never been great. Chronic tonsillitis as a teenager (tonsils removed) followed by low immune system. Have a high wheat and dairy intolerance. Currently have chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm definitely the least healthy of the 3 of us