+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was BF until 1.5yrs no allergy super healthy rarely sick my mum BF all 4 kids and I BF DS 1.5 yrs. of all my friends those who were BF also BF there children. I don't care what other do but for me I am pro BF my babies!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was never breastfed, all 3 of my brothers were til about 9 months old.

We are all healthy as anything, no allergies and the worst sickness we've had is a 24 hr gastro bug. I think genetics has a lot more to do with it, longevity is in my family. My great grandma died at 92, and it was unexpected. She was healthy as anything but tripped on unrven pavement, broke her hip and died from septicaemia in hospital.

Oh - we are all pretty smart, I did very well in high school and all my brothers are very gifted in different areas like music, sport and academia.

I plan on breast feeding but I don't really think it'll make my kids smarter/healthier/whatever.

DP was breastfed for 2-3 years and she has allergies to food and environmental things and is much more susceptible to getting sick than me. She's very smart.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was ff and I don't think it effected me at all lol

I have 3 kids, ds1 I attempted bfing but only lasted 3 weeks
    Dd ff from the word go
    Ds2 was fully breast feed till 6 weeks and now is a combo as I ween him onto the bottle he is 10 weeks now.

I see no difference personally lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was ff and have no allergies, sickness or major illnesses.... in fact my first ever hospital visit was when i had ds at 30yrs old. I did suffer from pnd after ds was born but i doubt thats connected in any way (it might be??) Actually i think problems/pressure to bf is linked to pnd but not the fact that i myself wasnt bf. I have a university degree, far from obese and bf my own children. Both my kids were bf and are riddled with allergies... so unless we are the exception to the rule its all bs imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I was FF from day one and I'm pretty much normal :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was breasted until I was around 13/14 months, then straight onto fresh cows milk from the local dairy and am a very healthy person, apart from an allergy to various forms of penicillian.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My brother was breastfed till 2.5 and I was breastfed until 9 months and then straight on to cows milk.

Generally I was probably less healthy as a child and less healthy weight as an adult, I have asthma - my brother doesn't. He's also wayyyy smarter than me, so possibly "optimal brain development".

I also have a couple of allergies, and my brother has none.

However, with a case study of 2 it's hard to really make any significant conclusions from that.

Otherwise, my mother has admitted to being more bonded to my brother as a child... Though I think there's more that also.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My siblings and I were all FF. we have no allergies. We are all slim and considered attractive. We all are pretty intelligent.

My son was Ff from 5 weeks. He is rarely sick. And achieved all milestones early (walking at 9.5 months). We call him "Edmund Elephant" as he is such a clever clogs (sorry, Peppa pig reference)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Older brother was ff from two days old. Has constant ear, sinus, skin issues also suffers from hives and hay fever. Doesn't get sick to often, normal amount I should think. Quite intelligent, and creative gifted driven man.
    Not very close with my mum, but they are both quite difficult people.

I was bf for 16 months, never suffer from skin issues, allergies etc. I get sick constantly, could have something to do with my profession though
    Very bonded with my mum, always have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I only BF for a short while (full-time until 3 weeks of age, then slowly made the transition from BF to FF from 3-9 weeks of age, bottlefeeding exclusively from 9 weeks onwards)... and the decision to switch came from a lack of support and information at the time.

There have been no health issues, no allergies, no anything like that.

The only "changes," I really noticed was that FFing in the middle of the night in Winter was a pain in the bum compared to breastfeeding. Nobody wants to wander out to the kitchen and freeze to death while preparing a bottle.

I also noticed that there were times when she was ill that she would probably be better off breastfeeding... but by then it was too late really.