+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was FF from 6 weeks. I am healthy but for managing (inherited) episodes of depression. No allergies or asthma. Healthy weight range. Good relationship with mum. Postgrad education. Great career. Rarely ever sick. Go figure, huh?

DH, FF from birth due to adoption. All of the above minus going to uni.

Let's live guilt free on this topic. No one is abusing their child if they FF. Every parent on BH is invested in their families and doing the best they can. Celebrate BF. It is wonderful. Don't criticise or play the "worse off" card to women or children who can't.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-05-2013),ChickyBee  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My brothers and I were all breastfed for 18 months. We haven't had any major health problems.

My eldest was formula fed, he never gets sick and is generally healthy.
    Youngest was breastfed for 2 years and is always sick, has ezcema and a bunch of other problems.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, from reading all the replies, it kinda seems like it is just the luck of the draw, or genetics, that determine how healthy we end up. Both BF and FF people have stated excellent health, and there are also poor health issues with both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    Honestly, from reading all the replies, it kinda seems like it is just the luck of the draw, or genetics, that determine how healthy we end up. Both BF and FF people have stated excellent health, and there are also poor health issues with both.
    Yep I think so too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am the eldest of four and we were all formula fed bar my brother - he was breast fed. My brother has severe asthma and I am allergic to shell fish. No other medical problems at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    Exactly! On another thread recently I read a post that said something along the lines of "I exclusively BF my child for 6 months and they still managed to contract rubella". It actually blows my mind that people think that BFing could protect against things like this, and even other illnesses. From what I have read its mainly gastro type illnesses that BF protects against.

The immunological benefits of BFing are vastly overstated by many, including the ABA and the usual zealots on here.

ETA: absolutely no disrespect to that poster btw, just using it as an example and its the most recent one I have seen - not trying to single out.
    Last edited by kw123; 05-05-2013 at 14:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was breastfed until 18 months. I have high blood pressure (not due to weight or lifestyle) apart from this I'm healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of four siblings. My older sister was bf, the rest of us were ff.

Us three younger ones all had/still have asthma, my sister has never.

Us three young ones are all over weight & have been our whole lives, my sister is not.

Us three young ones all have IBS, my sister does not.

She is undoubtably more intelligent than the rest of us, and by far in better health. We have the same parents, upbringing, etc......

Could be a coincidence, but I wasn't taking any chances with my little one, he is bf!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    People's personal stories are kind of irrelevant though, plenty of studies show the differences between ff and bf children.
    I don't think it is irrelevant, with those studies, they never differentiate between other factors, like genetics, socio economic backgrounds, education etc. It sounds to me like your family has been blessed with good genes. I am not saying that Breast feeding doesn't have benefits - it does. But those benefits do not make breast fed kids healthy and formula kids unhealthy, this thread proves it.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (05-05-2013),Silvana  (05-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only found out when ds was born about how I was fed by reading my mums baby notes on me and my siblings! I was ff from 6 weeks old I had no idea. I thought I was fully bf. makes no difference to me. Mum had to run around after 3 other kids she said she had low supply and was too hard to sit down and feed me with 3 others running around and dad at work.

I have zero allergies and I have a really strong relationship with mum and always have done. It makes no difference!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast