+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was FF from a very young age due to 'supply issues' I have had constant issues with bronchitis since a young age, and don't have a great bond with my mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Formula fed and never noticed I was disadvantaged for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my sisters were all BF for the same period of time, maybe somewhere between 4-6 months? It didn't really influence my decision, I made it independent of what my mother did.

We're all quite healthy, no food allergies and I had my first cold in 2 years last month.

As for intelligence, my older sister is a professor and PhD of Physics with degrees in maths and languages also. I have an honours degree in engineering and am currently studying law, and my younger sister has never studied, has just quit her retail job and is looking for bar work. So there's no FF excuse for that mix of intelligence!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my sisters were all breast fed. I am a quiet smart but I ramble and never get words out in the right context without giving a 10 hour spill.
    My sisters are both fairly lights out so to say haha however we all rarely get sick. Especially my middle sister who doesn't even get a cold ! She is 24.
    I will say my elder two sons are FF and always sick with bugs that go around however my BF 2.5 year old son never catches their germs!

Me -30, DH -30, DS -7, DS -5, DS -2 and UTD with #4 Due Jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All 3 of us were breastfed for 12 months, no allergies/health issues at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    All 3 of us were breastfed for 12 months, no allergies/health issues at all
    Yes this too we all have no allergies

Me -30, DH -30, DS -7, DS -5, DS -2 and UTD with #4 Due Jan 2014

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My mother has 5 children all breastfed until at least 2yrs. No allergies or intellectual issues, no major illnesses (worst we had was chicken pox which lasted a few days with about 3 spots each). My boys were breastfed until they were 3 and have never had major illnesses either and no allergies, gastro at worst which past within a short time. DD is 2 in July and is breastfed she has had gastro once other than that no illnesses she has actually never had to see a doctor or nurse.

People's personal stories are kind of irrelevant though, plenty of studies show the differences between ff and bf children.

Eta actually myself and 2 brothers had asthma but I'd say that's more to do with my dad smoking a packet a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All 3 of us were BF, my brother had severe allergies to a plant as a child and to this day still gets asthma like symptoms he's 33 now. My sister was ill and on ABs until about 3, otherwise she was healthy she does however go down hill fast when she gets sick she's 30 now. I was fine in all aspects as a child, excluding late found hip issues, I developed non allergic rhinitis and asthma a few yrs ago and now have PCOS I'm 24.

I doubt if we were FF or comp fed it would've made a difference. I'd say we are average, happy adults!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the youngest of 3, ff from 4weeks after being 2 weeks prem. I'm overweight but that is because of my diet and lack of exercise, has ou happened since having a family/studying. Was a very healthy child, good at sports, currently studying Bach of accounting, rarely got sick as a kid or adult. Mum and I are extremely close so no bonding issues there. My hubby and his siblings were all ff and all are average to high intelligence, no health issues, no weight issues, sporty, nothing!!
    Honestly I don't think I know anyone in my mid to late 20's that was fully bf or knows what they were fed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All of us (5) were BF exclusively until a few months old then mum used BF and FF. We're all pretty healthy, my sister has hayfever but that's it and everyone is pretty sporty as well. My mum and I have no real bond but she's close with the others so BF didn't give us any special bond (although that's probs more to do with who she is than how I was fed!)