+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My siblings and I were all breastfed. No allergies, but we went through the same childhood diseases as everyone else. One of my brothers and I also suffered from mild asthma. We have a very normal relationship with our Mum- very comfortable around each other, very comfortable away from each other.
    ETA: I'd say we are all pretty smart- one is a diesel mechanic, one owns her own audiology business, I'm a teacher and the youngest is a fitter and turner who gets sent all around the country by his place of employment to oversee jobs.

I BF my boys, and they get colds and illness like everyone else. They are more attached to me than their Father, but I put that down to him always being at work and me doing the majority of care for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum really struggled to BF my older sister and had switch to in the first few weeks. My mum successfully BF me and was very proud of her self for this. When we were growing up I always felt I was 'special' because mum breast fed me for 9 months...... I think this was the reason why I battled for so long to continue breast feeding my own daughter despite supply problems...... I wanted her to be 'special' too. Interesting......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Me and my sister were both fully FF as mum didn't want to BF.

No health issues or illnesses and we are both way awesome (me more so).

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (05-05-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    And just for context- I have a friend whose son (same age as my boys) had to be put on special formula due to stomache issues and reflux. She was gutted, as she believed the 'breast is best' message. He is now 4 and a half, attending kinder and his teacher has requested that he be IQ tested, as she thinks he is gifted. So there you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Me and my sister were both fully FF as mum didn't want to BF.

No health issues or illnesses and we are both way awesome (me more so).

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was breastfed for 12 months, I have asthma, allergies and 4 different autoimmune diseases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both sister and I fully formula fed (haha until the bottle started getting filled with strong green cordial and cooled instant milky sugary coffee, see the other thread!).

Despite this, Mum smoking and drinking like crazy during both pregnancies and childhood, neither has any allergies or particular health problems. I feel awkward/boasty-trousery writing this, but we're both very book smart, I was almost top of the state in my final year of highschool. Our diets in childhood make most people's minds boggle, I think we almost exclusively ate party pizzas and party pies and fish fingers for many of my formative years. Again, another story.

Our bond with our mothers is shaped more by Mum's mental heath than feeding, which is another story entirely.

Doesnt mean I wont try damn hard to BF and give much healthier eating choices for my kid(s), but does mean I wont beat myself up too much if I occasionally dont achieve the gold standard expectation that I feel is out there because I know it will be quite a lot healthier than the diet I had growing up and still turned out ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was only bf for about a month, I've always been very healthy apart from suffering from severe headaches since a child (which is hereditary). I'm also about to start my 2nd degree
    Last edited by delirium; 05-05-2013 at 14:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was planning to ask the same thing!

I was FF from 12 weeks. I had serious tonsillitis until my tonsils were removed, some minor sinus problems, but that's about it. My mother & I aren't close but that has more to do with reasons I'm not in the mood to go into.

As for smart... well, there's smarter people out there, but I don't think I'm
    stupid. Then again, nobody ever does.

ETA: my brother was ff from 10 days old, just bought his first house at 27 & runs his own business. He & mum are very close. He didn't do well at school, but that's because he can't stand being indoors. I believe that if he'd been able to do all his classes outside his marks would've been a lot better.
    Last edited by ChickyBee; 05-05-2013 at 11:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was BF for the first few weeks, maybe less, and then FF. I only ever get what would be considered a normal amount of colds, have no intolerances or allergies to specific foods other than one to avocado that started as a teen which just makes me a bit red and itchy. No disabilities or diseases and the only thing to really affect my childhood was the occasional bout of gastro and 2 instances of chicken pox.

I would class myself as being educated and intelligent, but not with everything (I suck at maths!), because there were certain things in school that I chose to pay attention to, and these days I choose to educate myself on certain things. I doubt I've been deprived of the chance to be a genius because I was FF. 😃