+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm posting on behalf of my mum. Who isn't aware I am.
    She FF me! If she hadn't, I would have starved to death because I refused breastmilk from the day I was born, either from her or a bottle.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-05-2013),risfaerie  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I formula fed all my kids after the initial colostrum.

My kids are rarely sick. And have never shown any of these 'magical' detrimental things that apparently appear more so to non breasted kids.

I didn't even realise till I came here that there was so much judgment to formula fed mums... So let me get this straight ...

Breast feeding mothers go off on tangents about being judged for feeding in public...
    But then (a high percentage) go on to judge formula feeding mums......

Can't have the cake and eat it too. Practice what you preach if you want equality and understanding.

(And no I'm not saying ALL b/feeding mums are this way )

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am also a proud formula feeding Mum, I never produced anything not even colostrum so if there was no such thing as baby formula my children wouldn't be here, my children have not suffered from being ff, the older 2 are at the top of their classes and bub is reaching all his milestones either a little early or right on time.
    P.S Would like to add I am very close to my children and have a special relationship with each of them so I don't think I missed out on any bonding

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found my ff support right here!

I'm due with #3 in 6 weeks and even though I ff my first two - I was struggling with the idea of trying to BF again, just because 'it should be easy' because it's my third.

my gosh that was some dark weeks trying to feed a hungry starving baby :/ I have talked it through with DH and bub will be ff from birth after initial colostrum too.
    there is nothing wrong with wanting to feed your baby & save your sanity! you need to look at your own situation and make the best decision. thank goodness my midwives have been supportive. I could feel myself slowly losing it already :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also a proud formula feeding mummy! My 6 month old is thriving and is in the 95% range for everything and is reaching milestones at least a month or so before the expected age, if it wasn't for formula she would have been one sick lil bubba! I couldn't produce enough milk to satisfy my baby, DD also has a jaw defect which isn't noticeable but means she cannot latch so I was having to express every feed for her and my supply would not increase, from birth she was 70% formula and within 10 days fully formula fed, I felt guilty at first but it was the best decision I have made, I also bonded with my baby better ff then bf. So glad you done this thread OP, be proud ladies!
    Last edited by firsttimemummatobe; 05-05-2013 at 08:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ff here too!
    What I find frustrating in all birthing classes and everything baby related they tell you about BF etc.. But no one teaches you how to ff correctly... Show a new mum sterilization, boiled water, how to scoop and not to half or over scoop and mix.. We learn it from the tin!
    Even CHNs are not allowed to recommend formulas or teach you what all the words mean HA etc... How disgraceful.. No wonder mothers feel like they fail as no one teaches to FF and health professionals turn a blind eye. They are supportive and happy our baby is fed but when we have constipation and other issues they can't help with brands etc!
    Anyway just my rant about the healthcare system. Haha.
    I'm pregnant with my second and I will give BF another go for sure but I will have a tin ready at home and won't hesitate to swap if I feel the need!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Noms85 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was able to bf my dd til 10 months but then had complications and started ff. I have friends and family who either had to or chose to ff from day one. I dont believe in breast is best. I believe every mother knows what best for her child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another proud formula feeder DS couldn't latch no matter what we tried and I was exhausted expressing around the clock FF was the best decision I vet made and the only guilt I felt was for feeling so relieved that the stress was finally over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    P.S Would like to add I am very close to my children and have a special relationship with each of them so I don't think I missed out on any bonding
    Yeah all the comments about breast feeding and bonding/snuggles hadn't perplexed. How do they think we feed our kids? At arms length? with a machine? That we get everyone else to do it?

FFing means that if Im tired or cranky or in no mood to deal with a crying baby DF can feed her and I can appreciate the snuggles once she's calm again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I formula feed.

I saw the difference in my DD once we switched and knew then I'd made the right decision for us!

I had lots of support from family and DH. Our baby health nurse was and continues to be very supportive.

It makes me sad when others didn't have support from their health professionals.