+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How did you tell family/friends?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering how you made the big announcement to family and friends? Did you do something special for the grandparents/aunties/uncles/god parents? With friends, did you do it all at once, or in small groups?

Thanks! =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sent my sister a message saying f**k I'm pregnant (unplanned, on the pill so I was shocked lol) and rang my mum and said I just peed on a stick and its positive! Still in shock clearly. I wish I did it nicer than that.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hilarious Mrstuilawa! That moment is pretty over whelming & I've had those phone calls from friends before =) As much as we were planning on staying tight lipped, we have overseas grandparents who we told at 4 weeks as they were visiting & we felt lucky that we were able to do it in person. We haven't told the local grandparents yet but we're thinking of doing it on Mothers Day (8 weeks) but we want to do something special. Still undecided about friends, all of our BF's are none-the-wiser & its a crazy big secret to keep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it really hard to keep a secret! Once I got over the shock I was so excited I just wanted to yell it to the world lol

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    id had a dating scan at 8 weeks so we showed mil a pic on my phone, she was just a little bit excited. i just said hey have a look at this picture, she hadnt seen it coming

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I sent a pic of my super strong positive test to my best friend going 'AW SHEET' then I sent the same picture to dad and he called me and said he didn't know what the picture was x]. He then blabbed to my brothers and sisters and my brothers made me call my mum and tell her. Everyone else found out through facebook lol.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP sent a pic to her sis and mum of the pos test.

I just told mum cos she kinda guessed. I sort of just told everyone actually.

We will do a proper announcement on fb next week though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to Bali for Christmas so had to tell my sisters early on (about 6 weeks). No Bintang, no ciggies, no seafood buffet at Joondalup Resort before we left. I was never going to get away with it! I remember crying over not being able to have ham, and telling my brother "Mart - before we go, I'm pregnant". (Scottish accent) "Righto, in the car then". He came back a few seconds later for a hug. I'd do small groups in person, you get a lovely reaction and some fantastic advice that you would never hear otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    DP sent a pic to her sis and mum of the pos test.

I just told mum cos she kinda guessed. I sort of just told everyone actually.

We will do a proper announcement on fb next week though!
    Sorry if it's been said but did you tell them you were TTC? Hope you've had nothing but support

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took the paperwork results to MIL and told her I'd simply had a check up and asked her for her opinion on the figures etc.

She was reading all the info and then started screaming when she saw that it said pregnant. She wasn't expecting it at all!!!!

When we told them the baby's gender we got together with the whole family, put everyone's name in a hat and picked one (which happened to be MIL). We gave her the envelope with the gender inside and she got to find out first and then tell everyone else. DH and I already new.