Closed Thread
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    It was interesting wasn't it!
    What did I miss? Did my missing the show leave me ignorant of certain secrets that may stop me conceiving??? Do tell!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha, I don't think so! You can probably google it, you really only need to watch the first 1/2 hour. It was just interesting, everything our bodies do to get the egg fertilized and what a warzone our bodies are for the sperm before they get to the Fallopian tubes. I'll see if I can find a clip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I found this one but there's no sound ??? Not sure if it's just my phone, let me know! http://vimeo.com/m/45853396

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what do you ladies think of this baby bonus bisuness? My friend told me I need to get pregnant now so I can get the baby bonus. I get my paid maternity leave and the baby bonus or paid parental leave because im in the government.

In knew they would axe the bonus once ee decided to have a baby

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    So what do you ladies think of this baby bonus bisuness? My friend told me I need to get pregnant now so I can get the baby bonus. I get my paid maternity leave and the baby bonus or paid parental leave because im in the government.

In knew they would axe the bonus once ee decided to have a baby

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I get the PPL so it doesn't affect me...so I haven't really put much thought into it.
    Would you still be eligible with it in Family Tax??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiffany if you are working you are at least $1600 better off (depending on your income it may be more!) by getting the govt paid parental leave instead of the baby bonus anyway so the axing of the baby bonus won't affect you in any way shape or form
    I am also in govt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    Tiffany if you are working you are at least $1600 better off (depending on your income it may be more!) by getting the govt paid parental leave instead of the baby bonus anyway so the axing of the baby bonus won't affect you in any way shape or form
    I am also in govt!
    Okay, so, I am already studying to not only engage my interest and make myself more employable, but make my son's preschooling affordable...now I also will need to work if we are to be entitled to any payments if the baby bonus goes? (Not that it's the end of the world, or will impact upon our decision to have another baby)

Will the baby bonus be going altogether or be in some form still? What is the terms of getting it now ie. when is the cut off date for the baby to be born? (Not as if this can be helped though - lol!)

How much work would I have to do to access PPL? I am looking at going back towards the end of the year if I can get care...unless we are heavily pregnant by then of course! I don't see how this helps women who have decided to be SAHMs. I can see how it forces us back into the workforce though and kids into care. We are struggling to find a decent school for our child to start at next year. If we don't get out of area, then we will have to pay for that too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Okay, so, I am already studying to not only engage my interest and make myself more employable, but make my son's preschooling affordable...now I also will need to work if we are to be entitled to any payments if the baby bonus goes? (Not that it's the end of the world, or will impact upon our decision to have another baby)

Will the baby bonus be going altogether or be in some form still? What is the terms of getting it now ie. when is the cut off date for the baby to be born? (Not as if this can be helped though - lol!)

How much work would I have to do to access PPL? I am looking at going back towards the end of the year if I can get care...unless we are heavily pregnant by then of course! I don't see how this helps women who have decided to be SAHMs. I can see how it forces us back into the workforce though and kids into care. We are struggling to find a decent school for our child to start at next year. If we don't get out of area, then we will have to pay for that too
    I think there is a thread on here already about the new baby bonus little Ted. Might be helpful for you.

I think the baby bonus was brought in originally to help cover the cost of losing income - so not so to help with a SAHM because you aren't technically losing income as such. But I could be completely wrong, so please don't quote me.

Have a look on here for some threads re the baby bonus may help you out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy18 View Post
    I think there is a thread on here already about the new baby bonus little Ted. Might be helpful for you.

I think the baby bonus was brought in originally to help cover the cost of losing income - so not so to help with a SAHM because you aren't technically losing income as such. But I could be completely wrong, so please don't quote me.

Have a look on here for some threads re the baby bonus may help you out
    Thanks Missy - we don't get to hear much of the news - will go and search for a current thread

As a SAHM I am foregoing around $90K a year! (minus child care costs of course). We decided to SAHM as we could survive on the one wage and reduce stress, improve quality of life and time spent with our family. I have gone slightly nutty not being in the workforce and have struggled being at home at times though. I am glad that I get to spend more than an hour a day with our children though. Disclaimer: I realise not everyone has this choice though and has different reasons for needing to stay at work or put their children into care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There sure is a thread on it. The short version of eligibility for PPL is :

Less than $150k individual taxable income (just you not your husband)

Worked at least 10 of the 13 months prior to the babies birth AND worked at lease 330 hours in that 10 month period (just over 1 day a week) with no more than an 8 week gap between 2 consecutive working days.

You will still get family assistance in some form from dept if human services regardless though so you won't be high and dry. Hell, we really can't whine, when my parents had me they got $200, yep that's right! No other benefit what so ever!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (20-05-2013),Little Ted  (17-05-2013)