+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that is fairly normal, surely your child isn't the only one! DD did kinderdance at that age, I'd say they had about 10% of the kids actually listening and following at any one time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds was like that at 3 too. Too young for structured activities..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with him at his Little Kickers soccer class. Unfortunately the class has only a small time of actual kicking. There are lots of other activities that don't involve the ball which he isn't that keen on.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a normal 2.5 year old to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexamophone View Post
    I am with him at his Little Kickers soccer class. Unfortunately the class has only a small time of actual kicking. There are lots of other activities that don't involve the ball which he isn't that keen on.

How many classes has he done?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Way too young IMO. Give him another year or two OP.

I put my DD's in dancing when they were 3. They just danced around doing their own thing. I just wanted them to have fun, no pressure.
    I'll probably get them involved in a sport later this year, they've just turned 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think they can follow directions at that age, but if you've tried it for 10 classes then maybe he just isn't enjoying it that much.

DD started gymnastics before she was 2, and at first she didn't want to sit on the mats and do the warm-up exercises, or raise her hand for register, etc., but after a few sessions she 'got it' and could do it fine. Same with ballet (which she hasn't done for as long). It just took a few sessions to understand that she had to do what the teacher was saying.

But if she's bored (and I think she's started to get bored with gymnastics now), then she'll deliberately do the opposite of what the teacher says, and thinks it's hilarious. I think she only went along with gymnastics and ballet because she loved them so much, so the incentive was there.

If, after 10 sessions he's still not following, then perhaps it would be worth trying a different activity?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I agree with pp, after ten lessons he must not be enjoying it, try again in a year - it's a shame as DS absolutely loves little kickers, I think it's done wonders for his co ordination and social skills

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 yr old daughter recently tried Little Kickers for 6 weeks. She was not quite ready and found it a bit overwhelming and 'too noisy'. She half heartedly did the exercises and preferred to throw the ball and carry the cones. She looked forward to seeing her little friend but not the class itself. However when we got home she wanted to do the exercises in the backyard with me. My conclusion, although she was one of the oldest in the class she just wasn't ready for structured group activity. Some kids were and obviously loved it.