+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding at 7 weeks

Yesterday we reached 7 weeks pregnant with our first pregnancy. I've been feeling a bit uneasy the last week as other than being super tired all the pregnancy symptoms i had been feeling seemed to disappear. I didn't know if i'm just lucky to be having an easy pregnancy or if something was going wrong. Woke up yesterday, went to the bathroom and found blood on the toilet paper. it was pretty bright red and definitely more than spotting. I instantly panicked as i felt this was the confirmation i was waiting on that something was wrong. DH came home from work and we went and saw the GP who sent me for more bloods and an US. By this time the blood was mostly gone. through doing an internal US they detected our baby's heartbeat at 104bmp and have dated him/her at only 5 weeks and 4 days.
    I experienced more bleeding last night and this morning - its still just when i wipe. Finding it very difficult to feel reassured even after seeing baby's heartbeat yesterday. has anyone else experienced this? The doctor didn't seem to be overly concerned as i haven't had any pain but i just can't get rid of this horrible feeling that its all going wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled in both of my pregnancies. With DD I had bright red bleeding at 10 weeks, just a big gush. And with my angel I spotted for a week at 13 weeks. I never got an explanation as to why it happened.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bled twice early in this pregnancy and was told it is very very common

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hun... I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It's impossible to know what is going to happen at this point and the wait is horrible (I've been there).

Try to focus on the fact that bub still had a heartbeat and you haven't been cramping/ passed alot of blood. It's common enough for ovulation to be late and dates to be a bit out so you can't read too much into this. Bleeding can also be completely normal for some pregnancies. Probably the thing that will give you the best info at the moment is hcg levels 48hr apart.

With my first pregnancy the scan dates were out from our dates and we had a 2week wait before they would rescan and the sonographer was really unhelpful and kept saying 'I can't comment on it's viability'- all turned out fine and I had a healthy bub. Second pregnancy I had bleeding but no cramping for 5d- went to doc as convince I'd MC but she wasn't concerned and waited a week to order hcg then I had a 4d wait for results by which time my hpts turned negative so I knew I'd miscarried. The being in limbo and not knowing what to expect was the worst part.

I really hope your gut feeling is wrong and it all turns out well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bled numerous times in early pregnancy with DD2 and DD3. It was very scary but I grew two healthy babies. So bleeding doesn't necessarily mean the worst.

Are you having repeat bloods done? I would also have another scan in a weeks time to put my mind at ease. Would your GP give you a referral?

Fx for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My symptoms disappeared for a week, and not long after I had a small amount of bleeding. Had a scan which showed the baby was fine, and about a week afterwards my morning sickness came back with a vengeance! The doctor I saw said it's very common to bleed during the first trimester. Try to be positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had bleeding for a few days now. I was hoping it would just go away! It hasn't so I have another scan today at 8 weeks and 2 days.

Hoping that his little heartbeat is as strong as it was on Saturday and nothing is wrong

Fingers crossed for you and me xo