+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default When does a child become too old to bathe with their mother/see their mother naked?

I know how much you guys love these threads... lol.

So tell me, how old is too old for a child to shower with their mother or see their mother naked? Are there exceptions to the rule (perhaps a sick/disabled child, or a sick/injured mother... or emergencies where putting on clothes isn't really an option maybe)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Like a lamb to the slaughter...

DD still sees me naked fairly regularly and occasionally hubby, she's turning 9 tid year. She's always showered with either of us so it's never been a big deal. My feeling is that as soon as one of us becomes uncomfortable with it then that is when it stops, it's really been a non issue. I guess that makes us a naked house! :O

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-12-2013),Clementine Grace  (19-01-2014),mushiedaina  (03-05-2013),NZtoWA  (04-05-2013),SassyMummy  (03-05-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-12-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To seeing naked? No age limit, but my family tend to be very uh... confident as for showering I'd say about 6 unless disabled/injured/sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find it easier to bath/shower with my kids then separately. Both DD and DS still go in with me and their 2 and 4. DS will if in the mood stay in the shower and shower himself but generally all I hear is "mum" "mum" "MUMMM!"

I know DH won't shower or bath with DD anymore as she's too curious and grabie IYKWIM and now refuses as he feels to awkward which I can understand. But has no issue with showering and bathing with DS as he isn't grabie only asks questions which DH doesn't mind answering as they share the same areas so to speak.

I will do so til they A) both shower then selves tart to finish without requiring any assistance or tell me I go away lol
    We have bath crayons and what not so its not just about cleaning them but having fun and quality time and I enjoy that time with my kiddies

Me (21) DH (25) DS (4) DD (2)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't allow my kids to see me naked if I can avoid but that's personal choice, DH on the h
    Other hand doesn't care.
    My mum to this day will still get dressed in front of myself or my brother or sister if we're in her room talking or something ( we're 26, 20, and 19) and we don't care neither does she.

I think it's a case of if you're comfortable with it or not as opposed to a wrong or right age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As for seeing me naked happens 9 times out of 10 because they are always there always 2 steps behind me and well its unavoidable unless I lock them out and then I have to hear them scream and bang on the door which isn't fun

Me (21) DH (25) DS (4) DD (2)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother still walks out from the bathroom naked when I'm there...can someone tell her there is an age limit for that?! :-)

I have 2 sons and for me i think that it's different with boys and girls. Mine are only 2 and 4 months so I would assume it would stop when they uncomfortable with it (like now my son asks for me to hop in the bath with him). But I think if i had a daughter I would be comfortable if i had to change in front of her at any age. But if my son's walked in on me changing when they are older I would not tell them to leave or make a big deal if they are comfortable with it. To me it's not a big deal.

But like i said i have no experience with this...this is just how assume it will happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will stop showering with DS when he doesn't want to do it anymore. We don't do it that often anymore just because being pregnant there isn't too much room! DS will always jump in the bath with me if I am in there. As for being naked, I am comfortable with it as long as DS is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I will stop showering with DS when he doesn't want to do it anymore. We don't do it that often anymore just because being pregnant there isn't too much room! DS will always jump in the bath with me if I am in there. As for being naked, I am comfortable with it as long as DS is.
    Me too, although there's still room I'll keep showering with DS, and DH will as well, until DS is no longer comfortable. That may mean he showers with DH for longer than me, and that's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too old will be when they choose. I regularly put the girls in the shower with me. It's quicker and easier. I'm guessing one day they will just stop wanting to be everywhere I am and won't want to shower with me.

Sometimes I still see my mum naked...not by choice...she just has no shame!!