+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wine lovers unite!

what have you drunk lately, loved lately and would recommend?

I'll start, my name is babyla and I'm a sucker for a forest floor Pinot! Tonight I'm drinking a central otago Pinot, chalkboard 2011. Very quaffable!

Tell me what wine you're on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ummmm.....I loves me reds.....but I havent been able to get to the bottle-os soooooo (and boy am I going to get flamed for this!!) I am drinking a clean skin from Aldi!! Its a Margaret River Cab Shiraz blend and its just delicious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my moscato. I buy a banrock station - it's a lovely wine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm currently having my last glass of Stella Bella Sauv Blanc. It's a Margaret River one, and I've found I tend to like Margaret River ones in the past, no matter where they're from. It's really quite nice, and quite boozy too. lol.

I'm a dry whites girl... Sauv Blanc and Chardonnay are prob my faves, but I don't mind a sparkling either, but not sweet fruity ones. Ew.

I'm not too fussy though... my palette isn't clever enough to pick up many differences between various wines... so I just usually go by the bottle, the price and the alcohol content (if it's less than 7 standards per bottle, I put it back. lol).

Later on in the night, I have some Sauv Blanc with a dog on the bottle. Might come back then to add my opinion. (Don't blame me if it's not legible).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No flaming here, I've had some ripper clean skins and ripper aldi wines too. Bottoms up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I'm currently having my last glass of Stella Bella Sauv Blanc. It's a Margaret River one, and I've found I tend to like Margaret River ones in the past, no matter where they're from. It's really quite nice, and quite boozy too. lol.

I'm a dry whites girl... Sauv Blanc and Chardonnay are prob my faves, but I don't mind a sparkling either, but not sweet fruity ones. Ew.

I'm not too fussy though... my palette isn't clever enough to pick up many differences between various wines... so I just usually go by the bottle, the price and the alcohol content (if it's less than 7 standards per bottle, I put it back. lol).

Later on in the night, I have some Sauv Blanc with a dog on the bottle. Might come back then to add my opinion. (Don't blame me if it's not legible).
    I prefer a dry white too and bottles with dogs on them always go down well

I'm more a red drinker but trying to expand my palette to a riesling lately.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello fellow wine drinkers!

I love a dry white and even a few bubbles, but like you ladies not fruity.

In winter though (actually any time) I love a red, especially a blend. Love a church block!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Hello fellow wine drinkers!

I love a dry white and even a few bubbles, but like you ladies not fruity.

In winter though (actually any time) I love a red, especially a blend. Love a church block!!
    Can I get a wirra wirra!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure can!!! I just love the warm feeling it gives me.... Oh I'm a little sad aren't I?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am makIng my way slowly thru a very well matured bottle of 2007 merlot from the neighbors vineyard went wine tasting last weekend but bought mostly cheese as I have enough bottles to get thru already lol