+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanicecream View Post
    I am hoping that I can reassure you a little on the c-section front. My three year old was stubbornly breech, and one of the worst breech presentations. Still, I resisted a c-section very strongly. I convinced the doctors to attempt an ECV, but my tricky April Fools Day baby pulled a swift one and my waters broke the morning of my planned ECV! So an "emergency" c-section it was.

Honestly, it was the most wonderful experience. DH and I spent all day listening to music and sharing how excited we were to be so close to meeting our baby, while we waited for a spare theatre.

When the time finally came and they wheeled me to the theatre, they took DH aside and got him smocked up. Everyone was so friendly and jovial that the theatre was actually a really fun place to be. I just decided I wasn't going to be scared...I was just going to relax, trust they knew what they were doing and enjoy the experience. Everything was explained as they went, a midwife took photos, and there was a lot of laughter in the room. When they lifted my beautiful baby up for us to see, we both cried and laughed and were every bit as moved as anyone giving birth vaginally.

i had took Eli to recovery and had skin to skin until we went back to the ward.

The next morning I was out of bed early. Getting up was the most difficult thing...really pretty painful but not in a way I couldn't cope with. Breastfeeding took a few days but my little man took to it with such enthusiasm that at 2 1/2 years I finally had to close up shop because my boobs were too sore from this pregnancy!

Im now 33weeks and have chosen a c-section this time. I've given birth both ways and I really loved how relaxed and happy my c-section was.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks so much for your story - it certainly does help !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tan39 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan39 View Post
    Thanks so much for your story - it certainly does help !
    Tan I would say my planned c-section was similar to jellybeans. Breech, ECV didn't work. One thing a friend said to me which helped was that when they are pulling bub out it feels weird but not painful but expect some sensation - kind of odd them rummaging around in you! Also, my friend felt really lost when her hubby went with bub to be weighed and left her - I told DP to stay with me, or at least come back to my head asap and talk to me. As it happened I was fine, I remember the surgeons sewing me up having a really banal conversation about some fellowship program - it really put me at ease realizing how everyday normal this procedure is for them. Also, I had bub with me in recovery so never separated, that helped. My only issue really was giving birth in a London hospital where I went back to a ward with 8 or more mums and bubs. No sleep absolutely the hardest part of C-section!! But you won't have that issue in Australia. And not being able to pick bub up myself initially, but that was only day 1. I breastfeed fine - only got her off boob when pregnant with bub 2.
    The great thing about a planned c-section is you can have a great night sleep beforehand. The environment is calm and you are awake. I was bored and starving by the time I went in as emergencies kept bumping in front of us

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Tan39  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that freyamum ! Hope everyone is traveling well.. I'm sooo tired.. Up to 2 naps a day now :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tan39 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy those naps Tan, it might be a few years before you get any more Will you have family around to support you?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Tan39  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit of a mopey post from me today. I was travelling SO well in my pregnancy up until now and this week (30 weeks) I feel like I've fallen to bits! Ahhhh!! Got an infected throat, bad cold and on top of it my pelvis seems to have gone all rickety so I'm getting a fair bit of pain and have lost strength in lifting, standing, getting up and down etc. I'm still working full time so I've taken tomorrow off to give myself a 3 day weekend to rest and recover. I think the only way I'll pick up is to get over it properly. I'm still determined that it's a minor speed bump and I'll be back to good next week.....others seem to think I'm dreaming! Either way, I'm going to mope around and rest up and do whatever it takes to feel better. Here's hoping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Nat, I know how you feel but I'm just not as far along as you! Wish I was though lol

Your body is telling you to take that rest so make sure you do otherwsie it will continue to get worse.

AFM - After getting permission from the OB, I have to travel interstate for my business on Sunday night returning home on Thursday night. I was so afraid to travel with my history but he said he was happy as long as I wear the DVT stockings, drink plenty of water, rest frequently and not stress. I see him the day after I get back. I'm so tired at the moment, I'm sure resting plenty won't be that difficult! My client is feeling very privileged as they know it's a high risk pregnancy. I just have to be very careful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest up Nat, it's your body telling you that you need the rest. It's important to look after yourself, and bubs. Veg out and watch some DVDs. I remember that pelvic discomfort well, had that with both of my babies. I'm not far along enough yet to feel it with this one yet, but I remember the 2nd pregnancy it hit me at only 17 weeks and it made me feel miserable, so I'm guessing it will prob. be the same this time too. I'm lucky that I have a sit down job now, but before I was working in Childcare and doing a lot of lifting etc, I had to leave work early.
    Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow and feeling somewhat anxious, hoping all goes well. I am trying to keep positive but i can't help worrying though.

Hope everyone one else is going well and keeping warm, it's been quite chilly in SA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I applaud you all who are working - I don't know how you are doing it - super mummas ! :-) On a fun note - my baby shower is this Saturday - wasn't planning on having one but 17 yr old daughter was dead keen :-). She has been such a great help & is so excited about the baby ... May change her mind though when the sleepless nights & crying baby starts :-). Speaking of which - I've just finished reading save our sleep & am thinking of giving her ideas a go when bub arrives... Anyone else read her techniques ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I've taken a day off work and I'm already feeling better today. It meant that when I woke up in the night I wasn't bothered as I knew I could nap today and catch up. It also means I can rest my sore throat and a day without talking is already feeling better. The pelvic pain has made a definite improvement so I'll be sure to keep being very sensible and look after that area a lot better so I don't suffer through the rest of the pregnancy. Not all cured yet but I feel a lot more positive today and feeling like I'm not just on a downhill spiral healthwise. Really pleased about that! 2 more days of rest with the weekend coming so hopefully I'll feel strong again by Monday. Thanks again for your support. Good luck with your 12 week scan today Preciousone! Look forward to hearing how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    12week scan went really well, baby was very active, 160 bpm. The neck measurement was well in range, but that doesn't really mean anything until I get my bloods back etc. I was there for quite a while as baby was in the wrong position, i had to keep emptying my bladder, that didn't work so I had to go for a walk. Baby was then in a better position,and then the sonographer could get the measurements she needed. I am feeling much more relieved now. We are starting to tell people now. I have my midwife appointment next Friday, and will have the results back hopefully.
    Thanks for the well wishes Nat.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousOne For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (12-06-2013)