+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I'm fine - 5 weeks today. The thing about IVF is that you know you are pregnant so darn early in the process. So making it to 5 weeks feels like I've been pregnant for ever I have no symptoms or anything so it's still hard to believe. Will have a scan at 7wk3days. Until then just taking things day by day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissLeo - I was only thinking the other day how the rude comments have died off as the pregnancy has progressed. Perhaps because everyone in my small town already said it all early on!! I figure with twins we'll get the questions forever, not just in the pregnancy, so we might as well get used to it. Tan - we did our hospital check in visit yesterday too. It does make it all very real doesn't it? I was a bit sad that the midwife talked a LOT about premmie babies to us as she is assuming that twins will be prem. Whilst probably realistic I felt that it wasn't a very hopeful way to talk. On the good news front though, we had our scan (29 weeks) and the bubs are measuring only 2 grams difference in weight to one another and are perfectly average in all measurements. The obstetrician even said we can wait 3 weeks until our next visit with him because he feels we're travelling so well!! Yay!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (17-05-2013)

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I haven't been on BH since last year. Quick run down. My name is Theresa and I'm 44. DH and I had been TTC since 2005 and after many miscarriages and an enormous amount of IVF we finally fell pregnant in Oct 2011. My baby girl was due in July 2012 but came racing into the world at 22 weeks 5 days. She spent 5 months in hospital growing! What a fighting miracle she is. We were so overjoyed to have her and our family was complete. Then I fell very unexpectedly pregnant agai. Such a shock. Preventative measures have been put in place to avoid premature labour again and so I am currently 28 weeks and if all continues to go well I am due to have this baby by csection on July 30th. I don't belong to any other groups on here but saw this group and thought it was up my alley. If you will have me that is!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theresa68 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (19-05-2013),Twocam  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theresa welcome and congrats on your miracle bubs Hoping bubs stays 'sticky' until July 30

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Theresa68  (19-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Theresa & congrats, hope everything continues to go well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Theresa, what an amazing story ! Good luck with rest of your pregnancy, but you have already made it to 28 weeks !!

ps I am not far behind you...26 weeks this WednesdayWednesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Theresa. Sending positive energy and love your way. Hoping everything continues to go well.

How are things going miraclebubba? Have been thinking about you! Hope all is going and growing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good here preciousone, thanks gor asking (well apart from DP being an idiot & needing to pull his head in before i do it for him). 8 weeks tomorrow & another scan on tuesday. How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great miraclebubba. All good here too. I have the 12 week scan on Friday, feeling a little anxious though, but excited. I'm feeling a lot better generally, morning/evening sickness is subsiding which is good. Thinking about attending prenatal yoga classes and doing some swimming at our local indoor pool.

Hope everyone else is travelling well. All the best to those with upcoming scans, keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan39 View Post
    Nervous about the c- section... Had my daughter standard vaginal delivery so I think it is more the fear of the unknown... Also a big wuss when it comes to any type of pain :-).. How is your pregnancy traveling ?
    I am hoping that I can reassure you a little on the c-section front. My three year old was stubbornly breech, and one of the worst breech presentations. Still, I resisted a c-section very strongly. I convinced the doctors to attempt an ECV, but my tricky April Fools Day baby pulled a swift one and my waters broke the morning of my planned ECV! So an "emergency" c-section it was.

Honestly, it was the most wonderful experience. DH and I spent all day listening to music and sharing how excited we were to be so close to meeting our baby, while we waited for a spare theatre.

When the time finally came and they wheeled me to the theatre, they took DH aside and got him smocked up. Everyone was so friendly and jovial that the theatre was actually a really fun place to be. I just decided I wasn't going to be scared...I was just going to relax, trust they knew what they were doing and enjoy the experience. Everything was explained as they went, a midwife took photos, and there was a lot of laughter in the room. When they lifted my beautiful baby up for us to see, we both cried and laughed and were every bit as moved as anyone giving birth vaginally.

i had took Eli to recovery and had skin to skin until we went back to the ward.

The next morning I was out of bed early. Getting up was the most difficult thing...really pretty painful but not in a way I couldn't cope with. Breastfeeding took a few days but my little man took to it with such enthusiasm that at 2 1/2 years I finally had to close up shop because my boobs were too sore from this pregnancy!

Im now 33weeks and have chosen a c-section this time. I've given birth both ways and I really loved how relaxed and happy my c-section was.

Hope that helps!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

Tan39  (20-05-2013)