+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids aren't very happy at all. My 18 yr worries about my age, and is quite negative. We are very close so I think it's a protective thing as he was the 'man' of the house when his dad I split up over 11 yrs ago. He went through a similar thing when my new partner joined us. As for my daughter 14 yr old, wants to be the baby of the family and has said that she knows what to expect because her dad and partner had a child 6 yrs ago and according to my 14 yr it has ruined her life as she puts it. Oh well, it may be different when baby arrives, lets hope so.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousOne For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds familiar...my 17 year old said that I have ruined all 3 of their lives (his Dad, him and his brother)..I just think that he will have to grow up and get used to new situation. I am trying not to let it affect me too much as my partner and I are over the moon that we have been able to fall pregnant at our age !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum47 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations wecantwait, hope things go really well for you.

I agree too Mum47, I think it is time for celebration. We are so excited too, and the kids do need to just get over it, and I'm sure they will adjust. It's our little miracle and we should rejoice in the fact that our bodies still work perfectly to bring such joy into our lives. After all, we have been there already and know what we're in for, it's so exciting and it's meant to be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousOne For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat i just saw all your posts on the other thread about rude questions and comments - so glad to read the thread and know I am not the only one! I have stopped telling people we are having twins and with some even telling them I'm further along than I am to explain why I'm showing already. I don't know why people just assume because a women is over 40 and pregnant that they can actually ask blatant questions about whether or not it was IVF, the twin thing doesn't help. I haven't been quiet about my journey to close friends and family but I'm getting sick of the looks and questions from everyone else. Grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just curious, if anyone willing to share, did you deliberate much about having baby after 40? I'm 40 and had pg scare last week which freaked me out but I think mostly over the timing (Europe booked for Xmas) and having to tell my partner I messed up (natural method).But I can't stop thinking about babies now. I need a proper talk with dp cus if he is 100% no this is a moot point - but if not 100% I want to open up the discussion again. Things that scare me:
    - body not coping eg risks like preeclampsia
    - not coping with newborn and 2 young kids
    - dud eggs?!? Is it just major disabilities / miscarriage that is issue or do older eggs mean less healthy kids?? (I've already had cancer so hyper health anxious)
    - never getting back into real work/ financial pressures.

Did you guys worry about these things?? If I didn't have 2 perfect children I would jump right in but guess I wonder about these risks just to have that third child, another gorgeous baby to love...Not sure who to discuss these health risks with, GP?
    Anyways, congrats to you all. I'm not pregnant but hope you all don't mind me continuing to read this thread and see how you are all going while I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to try and join you!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (14-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi freyamum, I was 39 when trying to decide whether to try for a bub with my new partner (my daughter is 17) .. I had my gp refer me to an obstetrician for pre-conception counseling - to go through the risks etc for my age... It was very worthwhile & her attitude was one of the main reasons we went ahead & decided to try .. I'm 33 weeks pregnant today with a baby boy & have had a healthy pregnancy so far ( just very tired)...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tan39 For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freyamum yes all those things went through my head - our two children were adopted and not born to me, so I have no idea what lies ahead healthwise for this pregnancy. At my EDD I will be 42yo and 5 months. That freaks me out! For me a bigger consideration was lifestyle. It sounds selfish, but none of our friends have babies, all their children are in late primary school or high school. We don't have family around us (DH's family is overseas, mine is in another state) plus I am a shiftworker which makes childcare difficult. I've been packing money away into my super so that I can retire at 60yo and that will be off the cards if we are still putting a child through school! BUT on the other hand, TTC felt like it was something we HAD to try. And funny, this was our last cycle. We were trying ONE cycle of IVF just so we could say we'd ticked every box. And lo and behold, here we are!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking in with how everyone is traveling.. I had my pre-hospital admission clinic visit today - so starting to feel very real !! A ahhh!! 6 weeks to go to my scheduled c-section ... Have been feeling very anxious & panicky this week .... Thinking I might look into some hypnotherapy to help calm me down ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan39 View Post
    Just checking in with how everyone is traveling.. I had my pre-hospital admission clinic visit today - so starting to feel very real !! A ahhh!! 6 weeks to go to my scheduled c-section ... Have been feeling very anxious & panicky this week .... Thinking I might look into some hypnotherapy to help calm me down ??
    Oh, exciting Tan! Are you nervous because of the C-section or is it excitement do you think? to you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Tan39  (16-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nervous about the c- section... Had my daughter standard vaginal delivery so I think it is more the fear of the unknown... Also a big wuss when it comes to any type of pain :-).. How is your pregnancy traveling ?