+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's good to read positive stories from older mothers as I am so tired some days I just don't know how I will cope!! Just hoping my kids will be as enthusiastic when reality of living with a baby hits - right now they are just so impatient for her to get out of my tummy ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine too Freya! My DD came with me & DH for my check up today & you could tell how disappointed they both were when the obs said baby was still too high up for a induction! They are all impatient lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freyamum, my older kids weren't happy about the pregnancy but my son especially is so besotted with his little sister, it's so beautiful to watch. They got impatient towards the end of the pregnancy also Jentra & I think my DS was worried about me etc & said about an hr after Em was born I didn't look like I had given birth as I was up and about, he was really shocked & relieved I guess.

My DD was wonderful towards the end of the pregnancy also, she would cook dinner, get my wheat bag when my back was sore, she was great.

Can't wait to hear the news Jentra, I felt the same as I was induced & was worried that bubs wasn't ready to come out, but it's amazing what the body does!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jentra

Any news yet? How are you going? Hope all is going well!

I've just returned home from hospital from a gall bladder attack OMG...I thought labour was bad, bloody hell, I was in so much pain, they put me on morphine. Just found out I've small stones like gravel that were/are inflamed, I feel so exhausted, but DP has been really good. I've had 3 attacks now, the first happened a week before Emmalyn was born, the the scan couldn't see anything cos baby was in the way, at least I know what it is.

Hope everyone else is going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Precious! I hope your feeling better xx
    No baby yet, she's obviously quite comfy in there ha ha
    She's still too high for induction sadly, but I've started dilating so that's a positive. I'm booked tues morning for a scan & tues night for induction so fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I was told today that due to my age (41) I wouldn't be allowed to go overdue and would need to be induced around 40 weeks. Anyone else have this? I will be trying for a vbac (had one 5 years ago so not first) but not sure if that is factor I went 10 days over last time. Not sure how I feel seems like big pressure for baby to come early??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's exactly what I was told all along! I'm 43, and when I got to 40 weeks last week, they said that they couldn't induce me as she was too high (not properly engaged) and so to induce would be dangerous for her. So despite what they say, if you & baby are still healthy and baby is just not ready they won't induce.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told that by one Doctor at the hospital, but the senior Ob/Gyn overruled that and said that because I was so fit and had no issues, he would not induce until 41 weeks. In the end bub came of his own accord at 40+2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling heaps better thanks Jentra!

I was also told by Drs they wouldn't let me go over 40 wks, but the midwives said it's only a recommendation & don't let the Drs bully you into being induced. If you are well etc they are happy not to induce.
    I ended up being induced due to be very uncomfortable...it was hurting me her moving inside, and the fact I had that horrific pain at 39 wks ( which we now know are gall bladder stones), in the end I was glad to be induced!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update ladies! I'm heading to hospital to be induced! Next time you hear from me should be a birth notice