+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hansmum, congratulations.

I had a very eventful day today. It started at 4am, woke with upper abdominal pains, not contractions it was constant. Vomiting and just in so much pain. Went to hospital, had blood tests ctg, urine and scan, but all came back good. No gallbladder/ liver issues or preeclampsia.
    Not in pain now, has taken 12 hrs to settle down. They think possible bad digestion issue and baby pushing up in that area.
    Feeling heaps better, but baby is measuring big and with history of big babies,and having shoulder dyscocia looks like I'm going in next week for an induction, I'm 38 wks at present.
    Midwife did a stretch and sweep today too and cervix is ripe, things are starting to happen. Feeling anxious about the induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Precious, amazing to think that it's so close. Do you feel or ? I hope you 'go' before you get to induction but if not, good luck .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes twocam, I am freaking out actually, but so excited. I'm really nervous about the induction as my other two were completely natural but overdue and big (8 lb 14oz) & (10 lb 6oz) last one had shoulder dyscocia, so that's why we're going early and this one is already near the 8 lb. it just hurts now when bubs moves, so uncomfortable!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousOne For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    how exciting preciousone. I cant wait until Im that far along, seems like a lifetime away. Goodluck and whichever way you go it will be a beautiful ending Hey Freyamum was your Harmony test expensive? I thought I saw someone say they were $900?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I paid $700 with sydney ultrasound for women but also spent $600 odd more there with genetic counselling nt plus etc. it was worth it to me for peace of mind and going public from now on :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Preciousone! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! So close!

Freya, glad your kids seem to be taking the news well! And I'm sure Dp will come around

hansmum, congrats on your news, look forward to sharing your journey!

I'm currently 22 weeks, and starting to feel it now, so incredibly tired! We are not going ahead with the testing, as I'm in second trimester and we won't risk a miscarriage to find out something that won't change anything anyway, so we will accept the cards Mother Nature deals us
    Next week I go for my first hospital visit! Late I know, but that's what happens when you find out late lol! Baby is moving heaps, hope this doesn't mean she will be a bad sleeper when she arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Jentra. We were like you, we didn't do any further testing as it wasn't going to change our outcome, we will deal with whatever nature gives us....and this little one is such a blessing!

Saw the Dr this morning and induction is booked in for Sunday night, that was the earliest I could get in. So hopefully baby won't make an appearance on Thursday ( my daughters 15th b/day), but any other day is fine!
    So excited, but nervous....still can't believe it's happening.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousOne For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope you're doing well PreciousOne and hopefully have a bub in your arms now. Im having another scan on Tues just to check bub, my last miscarriage ended at 10 weeks so Im a bit apprehensive, I want to make sure bub is still doing ok. The I have my 12 week scan the Wed after that. Im 11 weeks tomorrow and suffering from the dreaded constipation Ive been having pear juice daily and a kiwi fruit with skin on. I ate bucket loads of them with my first pregnancy, nothing seems to be helping just yet. Am feeling very uncomfortable and fat lol. Im 11 weeks tomorrow and have quite a tummy, going back to work on Monday after 2 and a bit weeks off and people will guess Im pregnant its plain as day. Mostly everybody will be supportive and happy for me but theres a few that will have opinions about my age! That will be there problem though. How is everyone going? Its pretty quiet in here. Does anyone have miracle solutions to cure constipation?? lol I'll try anything that might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hansmum, I'm going in for induction tonight (sun). I haven't slept really at all. It's nearly 5 am, been up since 3, have been worrying about induction etc. hopefully I'll get a sleep in this arvo before I go I yo hospital, it could be another loooong night!

I just want to sleep, but can't. Having a cuppa, put the dishwasher on and watching Star Trek ...lol

Hope your scan goes well, I remember feeling like that, I had a missed miscarriage at 6 wks, but didn't know until our 12 wk scan. However I kept saying that pregnancy felt heaps different cos I wasn't experiencing any morning sickness, but having a different partner I just thought maybe it's just that.
    I had one normal cycle after the D&C, then fell pregnant again. I was on edge for most of the 1st trimester, had a scan at 8 wks, 10 wks( had some bleeding), then at 12 wks. It's really hard to feel that everything is going fine, especially cos I'm older, you can't help feel overwhelmed by worry.
    I think too, we know so much more which I think is not always a good thing.....more stuff to worry about, I certainly didn't worry like this with my other two kids who are 18 & 15 now.
    Pregnancy can certainly be a stressful time, but this pregnancy has gone beautifully, actually better than when I was younger.

Hope everyone else is going well, thinking of you all.."sending positive energy " .

My next post will be of our news! Arghh, so excited and a little scared I must admit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hansmum, I'm going in for induction tonight (sun). I haven't slept really at all. It's nearly 5 am, been up since 3, have been worrying about induction etc. hopefully I'll get a sleep in this arvo before I go I yo hospital, it could be another loooong night!

I just want to sleep, but can't. Having a cuppa, put the dishwasher on and watching Star Trek ...lol

Hope your scan goes well, I remember feeling like that, I had a missed miscarriage at 6 wks, but didn't know until our 12 wk scan. However I kept saying that pregnancy felt heaps different cos I wasn't experiencing any morning sickness, but having a different partner I just thought maybe it's just that.
    I had one normal cycle after the D&C, then fell pregnant again. I was on edge for most of the 1st trimester, had a scan at 8 wks, 10 wks( had some bleeding), then at 12 wks. It's really hard to feel that everything is going fine, especially cos I'm older, you can't help feel overwhelmed by worry.
    I think too, we know so much more which I think is not always a good thing.....more stuff to worry about, I certainly didn't worry like this with my other two kids who are 18 & 15 now.
    Pregnancy can certainly be a stressful time, but this pregnancy has gone beautifully, actually better than when I was younger.

Hope everyone else is going well, thinking of you all.."sending positive energy " .

My next post will be of our news! Arghh, so excited and a little scared I must admit!