+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh good, a new batch of ladies New Over-40 members seem to come in fits and starts!

Nothing exciting happening here....I'm 30 weeks today and finding it hard to imagine that in 10 weeks or so we'll have a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Looks like I might be out already - numbers had stalled significantly on todays beta. Have a scan first thing Mon with FS but they suspect ectopic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Looks like I might be out already - numbers had stalled significantly on todays beta. Have a scan first thing Mon with FS but they suspect ectopic
    Sorry to hear that - I never had my levels checked so I've no idea what that means but when I had my scan for possible ectopic the sonographer said I would be very very sick and in a lot of pain. Pity they can't get you in this weekend, I know waiting for these things can be hell. Hoping they are wrong and bub is ok - do you have any symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No pain or bleeding at all, my beta last week was 1128 and the nurse said todays was 2000 or so which would signify an eptopic? Really hoping its not but wanting to be realistic as well if those sorts of numbers aren't viable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome to all the new comers!

I had a growth scan yesterday and saw Dr today. Baby is measuring a week bigger, and because I have history of big babies (10lb 6oz) I am advised not to go over due date (6th dec), so they will make a decision on the 29 th November, so if nothing happens between now and then! it will prob be around the 5th Dec.
    I have been having lots of BH so my baby girl may come early. Getting very tired, slow and achy pelvis now....I am officially a couch potato! Lol :0

Last Sunday my 15 yr daughter hosted a baby shower for me, was so beautiful, she did an amazing job. She is going to be a HUGE help when bub arrives. I was spoilt rotten, I got some lovely and generous gifts. It was just so extra special that my daughter did this for me as she wasn't keen on the idea of a baby coming into the family in the early days of my pregnancy, but she has embraced it and since my son is not so happy these days it's just lovely to have her positive thoughts right now!
    She turns 15 on the 28th Nov, so I'm really hoping baby doesn't appear on her birthday.

Hope everyone else is going well. It has become a quiet thread these days, but hopefully with you newbies can keep it going!
    Love hearing about people's experiences, good luck with you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Preciousone that is so sweet of your daughter must be so good to have her support. Not long to go :-)
    I'm in testing/ waiting mode. Should get harmony bloods end of the week then nt scan next week then can finally explain why my tummy is so big!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    glad I found this! I'm 42 & hubby is 44 and just found out I'm expecting
    My kids are 19 year old girl & a 16 year old boy, and both are excited at a new baby brother or sister!
    would love to hear everyone else's stories, and also if anyone knows of a good obs in SE Melb, as my old obs (Dr John Jeffares) passed away nearly 10 years ago.
    Look forward to chatting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious - briliant that your daughter is now so 'on board' and what a lovely kid to have taken up the baby shower hosting I'm sorry your son is still being difficult but hopefully as he matures a bit he'll come to see it's not all about him. Like you, my 15yo is going to be a wonderful help Good luck with decision-making on the 29th!

Freya - glad to see you are hanging in there When are your Harmony results due?

Jentra - welcome and congratulations What a journey this is!

AFM had my 30 week middie appointment yesterday to discuss results of 28 week scan and do our hospital tour. Bub is measuring on 55% percentile (nice medium-sized head ) and everything else continues to be fairly non-eventful. I hope that this easy pregnancy will continue into an easy birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentra2 View Post
    Hi there,
    glad I found this! I'm 42 & hubby is 44 and just found out I'm expecting
    My kids are 19 year old girl & a 16 year old boy, and both are excited at a new baby brother or sister!
    would love to hear everyone else's stories, and also if anyone knows of a good obs in SE Melb, as my old obs (Dr John Jeffares) passed away nearly 10 years ago.
    Look forward to chatting
    Welcome jentra! I'm 40, dp is 43, we have a 4&6 year old. This pregnancy has been a completely unplanned surprise/shock! I'm nearly 12 weeks now and finally getting used to the idea tho I am very anxious about prenatal tests and there being something wrong considering our ages. I don't feel like I can connect to bub until I get back my harmony bloods and nt scan done etc. It feels very unreal this time around. I'm much more apprehensive than excited but also protective. Dp is taking longer to come to terms with but not helping that I won't talk practicalities until I get these test results.
    Was yours planned? How are you feeling? I'm in sydney so no advice and going public anyway as didn't see any need to pay extra to include obstetrics with our insurance plan! After nt will have spent $1,300-1,400 already on genetic counselling and tests so thinking private obs might be stretching us a bit too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, yes am still here...just very busy with 3 month old twins ! Getting not much sleep but very grateful for second chance at this stage of my life !
    preciousone...good luck, you are getting close now.. So nice your daughter hosted baby shower for you.