+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the safe arrival of your girls Nat. Nice to hear from a new twin mum as I can't imagine what it will be like when my little ones arrive. Glad you are coping so well - enjoy this special time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

I am 41 and going for my 7 week scan on Monday. Just found this topic through the IVF over 40.
    Congratulations Nat how wonderful.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (20-07-2013),StillHope  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MissLeo - twins are certainly a lot to get your head around and I have no idea how to juggle them both yet in all situations, such as going anywhere outside of the house without my husband!! But I figure it will all make sense as time goes on. After all, I see other twin mums out in the world sometime so it must be possible!! Time will tell....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Tan39  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats nat on your baby girls ! I'm in awe of how you r doing so well - im overwhelmed with one :-)

Everyone else - hope your pregnancies are going along wonderfully..

Bub is now 3 weeks old & we r still figuring things out - I'm finding my partner is finding it a lot harder then he thought (he was a bachelor for a looong time) & being older - 44 - it has sort of thrown his world upside down...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tan39 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT256 congratulations the birth of your twin girls. That is great news ! And thanks so much for your post on your thoughts re C-section. Also happy to hear that you have recovered so quickly from the C-section.ps have you liked the AMBA facebook page... a lot of great info and advice for parents with twins/triplets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum47 - I don't use facebook but I'm on the AMBA forum on their website which has been good. Someone recommended it to me back in January and it has been useful for preparing for the twins. Tan39 - I think it's true what they say about having twins first being the best idea because you don't know any different. That's me! While I guess we must have nearly twice the workload and juggling with our girls, we really don't know any different so it feels normal to me. Also, I don't know much about babies but I'm fairly sure we have good girls so far who are helping us out a lot! They basically feed, then sleep for 2 1/2 to 4 hours and then feed again. They've taken to breastfeeding really easily once we got them off the tube feeding in hospital. Not too much to it at this stage. They have longer sleeps at night so that helps us too. I'm not getting too comfortable as I'm sure we're in for tougher times ahead, but we'll take the gentle introduction to parenting while we can!! I also have a hubby who's very relaxed with babies and is a great help. My only drama has been feeling as though they like him more than me!! I think it's because they settle easily for him when they're cranky (midwife assures me it's just because I smell of milk and he doesn't - but it still makes me feel a little useless sometimes). It will be interesting how we manage when the little ones get more demanding and active. Day by day hey??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and welcome Des. All the best with your scan, let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - huge congratulations on the girls' arrival

Tan - so glad to hear you are doing okay. Are the blue easing up?

Des - welcome and congrats on being a great vintage!

How is everyone else? Great I hope

AFM I'm 15 weeks today & feel great. Got our NT scan results - usual Downs risk at my age 1:50 and ours came back 1:830 so we are happy next scan in 4 weeks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

NAT256  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! How is everyone going? Any more births recently?

I just want to vent, sorry people's !
    The other day a work colleague asked how my pregnancy was going etc, then she asked. Are you having a c-section? I have no idea what she was implying, not sure if she seemed to assume because of my age or even because I'm a heavier built lady, but I was offended. Don't get me wrong i think c-sections have their place and can be life saving, but I was just taken back the fact she kinda assumed. I told her no Im not having a C-section unless I need to, my 1st was five hrs normal delivery and my last was 1 hr normal but VERY quick delivery. I'm probably overreacting, with my hormones all over the place, I just found myself to be ****ed off with her.
    Are c-sections the norm now? Is that what people assume these days? And please I don't want to offend anybody either. just puzzled!

Thanks
    Reviews
    :-) preciousOne, I think it's maybe a bit Modern to have a c-section but don't worry to much, she maybe didn't even think too much. Just enjoy your growing bubu :-)