+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Five kids, yep my twins too, both now head down (am 31 weeks) and a little bit tempted to go for vaginal birth again, but OB very much thinks that risks are much lower with c-section given my age, gestational diabetes (babies are big) and fact that with twins second one often ends up in trouble during delivery...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Five Kids: so when is your due date ?

Yes, cause of twins and high risk, c secton is scheduled at 36w and 2 days, 2nd of August. Tomorrow 5 weeks to go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies ! It is great to have him home.. Though the old baby blues striking - feel so helpless & limited after my csection :-( hopefully will pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    NAT256, did you have your twins yet ?

Good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tan I hope you recover soon from the c-section and the blues. Big hugs!

How is everyone else?

AFM - had our NT scan on Monday and now waiting for the bloods. Will get the full report next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going well here. Just had my 19 wk scan this morning. Baby looking good, sonographer wasn't confident with telling the sex though was disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am looking into the 3/4D scans, so I will go ahead with one of these, looks amazing. I am on the bigger size so for best images I probably need to wait until I'm about 30 wks, so their website says, I will give them a call anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry I've been missing from this thread. Yes, we had our twin girls 3 weeks ago. Elsie Ann and May Faith. I went for a check up and my blood pressure was high so the ob checked for pre-eclampsia, which it turned out I had (no symptoms had yet shown up). So I delivered through C-section at 35 weeks and the girls and I spent 16 days in hospital until they were ready to come home with us. It was difficult spending the time in hospital until they had fully transitioned from tube feeds to breastfeeding but we've been home for 5 days now and we're going really well (apart from their first colds and conjunctivitis!) It's pretty full-on feeding 2 but they are good bubs and I'm very grateful that they have arrived safe and well. I'm sure there are challenges ahead but for now we are travelling well and I'm gaining confidence as a first time mum day by day.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-07-2013),Missleo  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum47 - I just read your posts about the C-section. My twins were in the right position to birth vaginally but in the end, with the pre-eclampsia the obstetrician and I decided that it was one risk factor too many at the time and we opted for C-section. He debated which way to go as he knew I would have liked to deliver naturally but I wasn't so invested in it to take the risk so I went with the C-section in the end. I have to say I felt very happy with my decision afterwards as our twins were early and I felt that it was one less thing they had to deal with. The C-section meant they came into the world in a quick way for them meaning they were quick to move forward with breathing, recovery, feeding etc. It was the right decision for us in the end, despite wanting it the other way originally. Oh.....and I'm amazed at how well I've recovered from the C-section. It was NOWHERE near as bad as I thought and I've been up and about with no worries since the day after their birth. I think we just need to take it as it comes and make the best decisions we can with each unique set of circumstance.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Mum47  (26-07-2013),Twocam  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are doing really well NAT.