+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 40's?

Hi There,

I was wondering if there are any groups for women who are pregnant and over 40?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to know as well... Just turned 40 yesterday & am 31 weeks pregnant... If there is no group - perhaps we can share on this thread :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations :-)

Is this your first? Are you finding the journey tough emotionally? My anxiety levels are through the roof today.

I've got 2 adult children and at this stage I'm just praying this one sticks. I have a history of recurrent miscarriage (6 in the past 14 months) with my last pregnancy in October 2012. So far everything is perfect and I have my first scan on Friday but even though I've passed the m/c date of 5/6 of the last losses, I'm petrified that the sac will be empty at the scan on Friday which happened with the 6th loss in October 2011. I've been taking DHEA for 14 months to try & improve egg quality so I'm praying it did it's job and this baby will stick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to you as well! I have a 17 yr old daughter so feels like starting all over... I have also be super worried & anxious this entire pregnancy...so sorry to hear about your troubles & praying for a sticky baby for you ... How many weeks are you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, still early for me and nowhere near out of the danger zone, though this one keeps doing what it's doing and growing strong and sticking. I have moments where I'm ok and other moments where I'm a complete mess. For me at the moment I really am just trying to get past each little milestone which up until now, how been each blood test. I have my last blood test in the morning before a scan on Friday where we'll hopefully hear a heartbeat. That's causing me significant anxiety at the moment because it was at that scan in October 2011 they found that I had an empty sac. I have been petrified the same thing will happen but I keep trying to reason with myself and say that I've been taking DHEA for 14 months, thyroxine to regulate my thyroid, plenty of folic acid for nearly 18 months, the numbers have been doing exactly what they should and therefore I have no reason to worry. I think once I get past Friday, I'll be able to just relax about it all a bit more. You're almost there. Do you know whether you're having a girl or boy? How has your pregnancy been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnancy has been relatively fine - just very tiring ! Maybe due to my age :-) no spring chicken like i was with my first ...Had nausea pretty bad 1st trimester. I'm a teacher & had to have quite a few weeks off early in the pregnancy but then luckily it was Chrissy school holidays... I had planned to go back & teach 1st term but was exhausted & overwhelmed on the 1st day back - so have taken early maternity leave... The worst part for me has been lack of energy & tiredness.. I'm lucky that I'm able to stay at home ... I didn't have an amnio due to my nuchal scan/blood results being low risk - but I still worry ... I also suffer from anxiety & panic attacks but have been off medication since finding out I was pregnant .. Latest scan was great & bub was doing well ... I sympthasise with your worry & anxiety - it sounds like you've been doing all the right things with your supplements & medication so I'm sure it will be fine (though I sooo get your worry) ... I'm sure Friday seems so far away ... I'm in qld .. Any morning sickness for you ? Tiredness ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I just replied to your other thread Tan. I'm turning 40 in June and my twins are due in July so I'd love to chat too. All is great with the pregnancy so far and we're expecting identical girls. We feel very blessed at how well it's going, no morning sickness etc early on and nothing else to complain about yet, apart from a bit of heartburn and constipation! I'm a teacher too and am still working full time. I hope to keep going for quite a few weeks yet, but we'll see how I'm travelling as time goes on. I can leave whenever I need to. Mymiraclebubba - good luck!! I hope you get all the reassurance you need soon. It's always such a long wait isn't it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, count me in on this as well. 41 and 13 weeks with twins...our first. I really thought at this age I could take on just about anything but the whole twins thing has me quite thrown haha. I'm at the "oh god we need new EVERYTHING" stage...but since I'm exhausted and in bed by 8.30 most nights I don't actually have the energy to prepare. Urgh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Miss Leo. Sorry I'm not really full of enthusiasm at the moment, I had a call from the FN yesterday saying that my HCG level wasn't as good as they hoped so I'm a bit of a basket case. Having done some research though and spoken to a few people on here, my numbers are still well within the normal range so why she said what she said I have no idea but it has really shaken me up. Just as I was starting to feel a bit more relaxed I feel I'm going to lose this baby any moment. I went to bed early last night because I was convinced I was going to lose it and was so stressed...just wish it could all go smoothly, I don't think I could deal with another m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that. But I think the best thing you can do is stay positive, the mind is such a powerful tool and by the look of your previous post you have done everything else you can to give this little one the best shot...all you can do now is look after yourself. I know it's hard when you have gone through so much already but try to keep your chin up and relax. At 13 weeks I still panic every day at some point...either I'm too sick, or not sick enough, or just not feeling pregnant - the list is endless. Big hugs to you, I'm sure it will be fine.