+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yeah, I do.

I think you can get the rebate and/or benefit cut back if you have too many absences. So I just send her and pick her up early.

Yes, this. The only times I've been home when he was at child care was during my mat leave. I was pregnant and grumpy and needed the break- and he needed to have a chance to do something boisterous and fun. I finish work at 4.30 so would pick him up then, if I'm not at work I pick him up around 3/3.30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm still TTC but I work in childcare. I really think it depends on how much time they spend at daycare/childcare. I see some children in care for almost 12 hours a day for 5 days a week. Sometimes I think it would be nice for those children to have a little more time with their parents. However children that may be in for maybe 2 days a week may have their routine put out if they get to spend an extra day at home. It might be harder for them to then have to go back to daycare after having a "Day off" with their parent. I think it depends on your situation and your child.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

sweetsugardumplin'  (04-05-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I'm still TTC but I work in childcare. I really think it depends on how much time they spend at daycare/childcare. I see some children in care for almost 12 hours a day for 5 days a week. Sometimes I think it would be nice for those children to have a little more time with their parents. However children that may be in for maybe 2 days a week may have their routine put out if they get to spend an extra day at home. It might be harder for them to then have to go back to daycare after having a "Day off" with their parent. I think it depends on your situation and your child.
    That's true, but those parents who work full time must be exhausted. I can see why once in a while they enjoy a day to themselves. Working parents deserve a break just as much as SAHPs.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (03-05-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (04-05-2013),Uh-Oh  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At my centre we do not get 1/2 price for not sending them. I pay full price regardless. When dd was in family day care, it was charged hourly, and I think they only charged us for 4 hours for an absent day, all different now that they are in a day care facility.

I generally pick them up earlier when I am not at work, there is no reason to keep them there until 6pm. They love going too. DD would be pretty miffed if she didn't get to go to her "little big school".

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time and dh works fifo so often we will arrange my day off for a time he is home so we can have a family day together without the weekend crowds! If I'm home sick from work and I send dd to daycare I always pick her up really early because I feel guilty that I'm home and she's not! I wish I could get rid of that guilt and enjoy the day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only been back at work 3 months so I haven't had a day off yet (I work full time so she's in 5 days). If I did have the occasional day off I would keep her home, as I only get charged half fees for absences (up to a maximum of about 45 days per year). If I had an appointment to go to where it would be difficult to take DD I would just send her in for a shorter day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes hell yes.

Today is a day off I didn't expect.

I spent it doing nothing special, but it was nice to do "nothing special," on my own.

(...Until DP came home early at 1pm. Bleh. Thanks for ruining what would have been a Walking Dead marathon!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yes hell yes.

Today is a day off I didn't expect.

I spent it doing nothing special, but it was nice to do "nothing special," on my own.

(...Until DP came home early at 1pm. Bleh. Thanks for ruining what would have been a Walking Dead marathon!).
    I LOVE doing nothing special on my own. A rare treat!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes i would, although I've never used it full time yet as I work 2 days a week from home anyway.

I'm now on mat leave and DS1 is still going to daycare for 2 days (but soon dropping to 1). Those days are spent grocery shopping, cleaning house (properly), running errands, quality time with newbie DS2, who otherwise gets shoved to the side when DS1 is home and demanding attention.