+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mediation

Another thread about mediation haha! I've already gone through it with DDs father 2 years ago and we had a parenting plan drawn up which was working well but now DD is in school her father thinks we need to revisit it and I do agree as there are things I'd like changed too. Anyhow he told me to "expect papers in the mail" probably about 2 weeks ago now and I haven't received anything, I'm just wondering if there's a way I can check if he has something in the works with relationships Australia or whoever does it (I can't remember who it went through last time) because if he is just bluffing I would like to get the ball rolling again myself!
    Also I had legal aid last time as I initiated it but I'm just wondering if he has initiated it this time will he be entitled to legal aid? I can't afford a solicitor so am just a bit worried!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if this is any help to you or not. But when I went to mediation I couldn't actually go thru legal aid cuz ex was going thru them but they referred me to private solicitors who applied for legal aid on my behalf if that makes any sense.
    Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think you need a lawyer to go to mediation.or for a parenting plan. It's only if you need your plan turned into legal orders or need to go to court. You can ring relationships Australia to ask but I think you'd have to know which one he'd contacted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sarz2009 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is any help to you or not. But when I went to mediation I couldn't actually go thru legal aid cuz ex was going thru them but they referred me to private solicitors who applied for legal aid on my behalf if that makes any sense.
    Good luck with it all
    Oh okay I didn't know you could do that! Well now I feel better about it just in case he has gone through legal aid. It should be fairly amicable but you never know!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't think you need a lawyer to go to mediation.or for a parenting plan. It's only if you need your plan turned into legal orders or need to go to court. You can ring relationships Australia to ask but I think you'd have to know which one he'd contacted.
    Yeah I know I don't need to I just feel more comfortable with legal representation as otherwise I will probably give in to everything he wants! It was also nice to have her there last time for support as well. I'll call them Monday if I still haven't received anything by then and see if they know anything!