+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Wow $144 a week? That's great!
    That's per fortnight.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

jariah4  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look into JET (Jobs, education, training with centrelink), you get really discounted daycare if you are studying. I pay about $13 a week for 3 days for my 3 year old son. I wouldnt be able to afford daycare without that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mumumum For This Useful Post:

jariah4  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how people can not comfortable live of payments unless you have a lot of debt. My relationship has been up and down but we have finally called it quits. I was single with my 1st child and I lived with my sister in a 4 bedroom house and was comfy. This time im in a 3 bedroom house but im now debt free. ExDH pays for our washing machine (I don't take child support coz of this) and I have some things through rent to buy places. I even have all three in swimming and my older two in soccer and I still have extra left over. I think it just depends on what you have. I use MCN to save cost, aim for 100 a week on food (that's with one still on formula), im studying externally, have a mobile phone and mobile internet(usb thingy). When it was just me and my 1st child, I was getting the same as when I was working full time at coles, now im getting more then that. Don't take this the wrong way (I plan to return to work once I finish my studies) but no wonder some people don't want to work. Then again my rent is only $285 and hopefully next year when I move it will be less

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nikki61087 For This Useful Post:

jariah4  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki61087 View Post
    I don't know how people can not comfortable live of payments unless you have a lot of debt. My relationship has been up and down but we have finally called it quits. I was single with my 1st child and I lived with my sister in a 4 bedroom house and was comfy. This time im in a 3 bedroom house but im now debt free. ExDH pays for our washing machine (I don't take child support coz of this) and I have some things through rent to buy places. I even have all three in swimming and my older two in soccer and I still have extra left over. I think it just depends on what you have. I use MCN to save cost, aim for 100 a week on food (that's with one still on formula), im studying externally, have a mobile phone and mobile internet(usb thingy). When it was just me and my 1st child, I was getting the same as when I was working full time at coles, now im getting more then that. Don't take this the wrong way (I plan to return to work once I finish my studies) but no wonder some people don't want to work. Then again my rent is only $285 and hopefully next year when I move it will be less
    Well sure, I survived ok on the SPP, but it wasn't until I started back at work that I realised just how little there was left over. I like having extra money in my account for unexpected expenses. My mortgage is $700 per week, I have a flatmate paying $300 p.w. When I was renting I paid $320 per week for a tiny flat and there wasn't much left, but I lived reasonably comfortably. There just wasn't enough left over for emergencies which made things hard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

jariah4  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah, I know working would be better off in the long term financially as it will allow you more extra dollars to have. I can not wait to work but ive been out for so long its better for me to study now and try to complete my degree as soon as possible. If I had a mortgage it would be a lot different but I never plan to get one (that might change in the future as more doors open). With everything I have left I will be able to pay my credit card off and have a few thousands saved from now until the end of the year. Im very lucky and don't seem to have many emergencies (my car has been pretty reliable so im lucky)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nikki61087 For This Useful Post:

jariah4  (03-07-2016)