+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4 weeks & no longer feeling ANYTHING - worried

Hi Ladies,

I'm pregnant through IVF, 4w2d today, up until 2 days ago I was feeling very mild aches/cramps in my lower tummy, also mild headaches. It was confirmed on Monday @ 3w6d that my HCG was 164 (was 40 on the Friday before) & progesterone 100.... But ever since I've no longer felt a single thing, no aches/cramps, no headaches, no sore boobs, nothing... I'm so worried as I miscarried at 6 weeks a year ago & this is the first time I've fallen since!

Is this normal at 4 weeks, or should I contact my Dr

Freaking out, so scared, undie checking hourly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    SUPER normal -- I had no symptoms til about 8 weeks (IVF too). I found doing HPTs every day (between blood tests) was somewhat helpful as I could see the line getting darker. Don't rely on the clearblue digis though -- convinced myself I was going to miscarry (had 2 previously) because I calculated my hcg should be 2000-3000 and the clearblue still said 2-3 weeks preg (which is apparently hcg 200-2000). Had a blood test that day and my hcg was over 4000!

Anyway I remember you from the Jan IVF group and am so glad you're UTD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy MARTTC, I've seen you in a few threads and hopes you'd fall pregnant soon.

I think no symptoms is perfectly normal. I have had next to none since I've been pregnant. I was crazy and did a hpt daily until I had my scan and saw bubs heartbeat. I was so worried something was wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Betty, I remember you too... I'm so scared, I was thinking of calling the local GP to see if I could get results back today, for reassurance over the weekend

So you didn't feel anything pulling etc after you would have initially felt it? It was like it just stopped?! You had not one symptom?

This is such a hard journey, it's hard not to worry isn't it, I feel obsessed but probably doesn't help I lost my job & there's so much going on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been through IVF but with my twins I got no symptoms until 6 weeks and then 8 weeks with DD3.

It sounds perfectly normal, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about and are carrying a sticky bub. Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally normal! I didn't feel pregnant until about 20 weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is my third baby and I didn't feel pregnant until after 20 weeks! totally normal xx

I had morning sickness but all it made me feel was sick lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone... Such a nervous wait, I wish when you POAS that it would tell you your levels! :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the cramps/ tugging feeling would come and go. I read something a while back that said your body is always trying to achieve homeostasis -- normalise what's happening -- and so symptoms disappearing can sometimes be that.

I will say that it gets less stressful, but VERY slowly. And getting the BFP was more stressful than IVF itself in my experience! My past miscarriages were around 7 weeks and it took me until about 9 weeks to stop checking for blood every time I went to the toilet. I only started getting MS around 8 or 9 weeks and when I did I was actually glad!

Still, I freaked out every time I told someone I was pregnant because I imagined I would just have to 'untell' them later. I'm nearly 19 weeks now and only bought my first baby-related item last week. Every time I have a scan and the baby's image comes up I think "it's dead!" in the second before I see the heartbeat flickering. Even this morning, using my Doppler, I couldn't get the hb clearly and my first thought was doom and gloom.
    I'm starting to believe I'll have a baby, but that doesn't mean the voice of fear and pessimism isn't always there.

I don't want to make you feel worse, just to make you feel normal! When you've been through a lot to get pregnant, and you've had past loss it's hard to convince yourself that things can go right. I'm sure losing your job (which is soo unfair BTW!) only reinforces these feelings of self doubt. Be kind to yourself. If you do start POAS every day, my advice is to look for the colour darkening over a few days - sometimes mine would plateau or even be lighter one day and safe to say I freaked the eff out every time!!

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, familiar faces in here

My anxiety today is crippling me, I decided I can wait till Monday & so I've booked BT in this morning, day 4 of feeling nothing now! I'm absolutely terrified to even answer the phone to my nurse! I feel so sick