+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Really depressed!!!

I am not coping with my body changes at all! I started off at 175cm and 52kg i have always been skinny/thin and never had to worry about exercising or what i eat, at my absolute heaviest i have never weighed over 55kg. Last year i had a boob job and my confidence was out of control..

I am now 26 weeks pregnant 60kg and feeling so fat and disgusting i can't cope. I am really still not showing that much and feel like all this 8kg weight gain is purely fat and because my boobs were big after having them done i now have stretch marks.

My partner won't have sex with me and although he says "he is tired" i honestly don't blame him if it is actually because i now look like a blob. Every one says pregnancy made them feel great and i just want to cry. I AM DISGUSTING!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt exactly the same my first pregnancy I went from 52kg to 70kg! I felt huge and looked huge my partner hardly slept with me and I wasted my whole pregnancy feeling sorry for myself I even said I would never do it again. But almost 3yrs later and I missed being pregnant and regretted not enjoying it, it is such a special time and I really think most partners don't want to sleep together because they are afraid of hurting bubs so don't think it is you . I also thought i would never loose the weight and i did i got back to my pre pregnancy weight within a year the weig just dropped off with healthy eating and i also found alot was fluid! I dropped around 10 kg straight away within first week or two. So please dont stress im sure you will be just like me you have even less weight . Im now pregnant again only very early but this time im not going to stress about weight because that baby at the end is all worth it and you will loose the weight and will end up missing being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    52kg is very underweight for 175cm. Even at 60kg you'd be at the lower end of the healthy weight range for someone who's not pregnant. You're supposed to put on weight when you're pregnant (even in areas other than your belly) because your body needs those extra fat stores to keep up with the huge demands of growing another human. And if you were always really thin before being pregnant you will probably lose weight quickly.

Just think, at the end of your pregnancy you will have a gorgeous little baby, doesn't that make it all worth it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ask your husband, more likely than not he is worried about hurting you/baby, I very much doubt it has anything to do with your weight, you are still classified as underweight for your height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Ask your husband, more likely than not he is worried about hurting you/baby, I very much doubt it has anything to do with your weight, you are still classified as underweight for your height.
    I have spoken to him and he isn't worried about hurting the baby he just tells me he is too tired.. He won't have sex with me during the week because he has to get up at 5am and then he won't have sex with me on the weekend because he has soccer on Sundays and it "makes him tired".

He never had the tired issue before I was pregnant though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun I don't mean to make light of your concerns. But thinking you are a blob at 175cm tall and 60kg ... is so far from reality that it suggests to me that you might have body image issues. Could your hubby sensing your lack of confidence be what is turning him off sex?

Perhaps seeing a counsellor could help. I'm sure you are absolutely beautiful, a counsellor could help you unlock the key to seeing that... And enjoying the rest of your pregnancy.

Best of luck xxx

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (02-05-2013),Lauzy83  (02-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-05-2013),sophie11  (08-05-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You know what I think my DP's issue was when I was utd? Stress! It was linked to my changing body- i knew he still found me attractive, but he didn't want sex. I think seeing me get bigger made him go 'OMFG, we're having a baby'
    But I agree with PP's, 60kg is still very small for your height. I am 60kg, not pregnant, 10cm shorter than you and fairly slim. There is no way you are a 'blob'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with VicPark, perhaps you should consider seeing a psychologist to discuss ways you can feel comfortable with your body and how to change your perception of a healthy body.

To give you some perspective, I am 4cm taller than you, but my pre-pregnancy weight is almost 20kg more than you (usually in the low 70s) and I am considered to be well in the healthy weight/BMI/waist circumference for my height and I'm very healthy and moderately fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt a bit like this first time around. I was a regular gym goer and ate very well before falling pregnant. Then MS kicked in and all I wanted to do was eat hot chips and lie around. I felt horrible. But by the end of my pregnancy I had only put on 10kg and lost 5kg of that when my son was born.

I vowed not to worry about weight this time around and enjoy pregnancy. That has proven impossible because of high NT results (all clear now).

What I'm trying to say is try not to worry - your body knows what it's doing and you'll likely lose the weight quickly since you're naturally slim. All those hormones don't help your state of mind either.

It's such a short time in your life, you'll look back fondly once you have your baby and think "Awww isn't my body amazing".