+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Placenta encapsulation?

Does anyone on here know much about it?

I'm curious as to whether it would cause hyperemesis to continue after the birth, or whether the placenta may retain some of the medications I have taken to manage my HG and therefore actually be bad for me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's really interesting whether a placenta retains medication, and how much. I wonder if a pharmacist could tell you whether the body retains the drugs?

I took maxalon and Zofran but stopped around 20 weeks, but continued to take dozile until I gave birth as my morning sickness didn't end, but only improved, at 20 weeks. I didn't have hyperemesis though.

My nausea immediately ended after I gave birth. I started taking the capsules about 3 weeks after birth, and I found they gave me a surge of energy.

You could ask someone who encapsulates it but I don't know how much they know about the scientific side of it really, which is why I'm thinking a pharmacist or someone who knows about drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a placenta encapsulator we are told to tell clients to discuss such matters with their caretakers. The main way to tell though is to trial the pills and if you notice that it is giving you an undesired effect then either cut back on the number of pills you are taking daily or to cease taking them all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did this recently and I would highly recommended to anyone yes it's strange but it gives massive benefits I didn't have post natal depression like i did first two kids I had more energy and felt really well I wasn't emotional didn't get my period till I finished taking them and the tiredness was no where near as bad it's not cheep but well worth your money..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chan87 For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help you OP but I am very curious about the benefits of encapsulation. The idea irks me but if I can avoid getting PND again....I'd happily chug down a few caps a day!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @LouLaa
    I got mine encapsulated in January & would do it again. I cant say whether it prevented pnd or not but on days i took it i felt i had more energy/more on top of things than days I didn't. Ds is almost 6 months now and yes some days can be hard if I'm particularly tired but i'm absolutely loving motherhood & enjoying ds heaps.

I got it done because i have a history of anxiety/depression & my mum had pnd at least twice so it was something i really wanted to avoid.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would really love to do this this time round.
    DS2 was a big feeder and I dropped a lot of weight by the time he was done, I looked awful. He took everything I had to give so I'd like a little extra help on the next baby.
    Flyawayfree if you don't mind, I'll just add a little question in here too, save us having two threads.
    My question would be about GD, as far as I'm aware, the placenta deteriorates quicker when you have GD.
    My DS2 was induced on his due date and already the placenta showed some signs of calcification.
    Anyone here have GD and had it done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this done 5 weeks ago when my DS was born. Highly recommend it. I have a great milk supply and plenty energy.

Would definitely do it again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who do you ask about it? Who does it? Id like to know :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Who do you ask about it? Who does it? Id like to know :-)
    Type it into Google and the area you are should come up then you can ask them any questions u need to know.