+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Ovulation like pain at 4 weeks pregnant

Please put my crazy mind to rest ladies!

Today I had been shopping for a few hours, and I got this sudden sharp pain in my left ovary area - the same kind of pain I get when I ovulate. I instantly thought omfg it's a miscarriage, I had a minor panic attack and went to the toilet to check for blood.
    So there was nothing. I left and went home and got into bed, the pain went away after 30 mins and now the area feels sore.
    I am not going to google anything cos I have learned my lesson many times doing that. So any ideas what it could be? I am thinking maybe a cyst? Or maybe just normal stretching ect?
    Would a miscarriage or ectopic pain go away after rest? Argh pregnancy is stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the pain where your ligaments are? Just thinking that your body has been through a lot recently so maybe the ligaments are stretching already. Did you have any sudden movements when it happened? You know how that ligament pain can be sometimes sharp and sometimes just a dull ache.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoknows For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodes, I just wanted to help ease your mind a little and let you know I had exactly the same thing at that stage (actually convinced myself that I had an ectopic, do NOT google it you'll find something that will convince you!). I had sharp pains alternating left and right until week 6 as well as continuing "period" like cramps. The doctor said it's completely normal and is just lots of stretching and growing and to not worry unless the pain got very severe and wouldn't alleviate with 1. rest, 2. panadol or 3. Hot shower as then they like to rule out ectopic etc. I am now almost 12 weeks and still get shooting pains after walking a lot or over doing things although it now feels more muscular instead of the original "internal" feeling. I hope you feel better soon and congratulations

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jan01 For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    Is the pain where your ligaments are? Just thinking that your body has been through a lot recently so maybe the ligaments are stretching already. Did you have any sudden movements when it happened? You know how that ligament pain can be sometimes sharp and sometimes just a dull ache.
    That's what I was thinking, I had really really bad ligament pain with Aubree and haven't really had much of a break. It was right near my hip bone and reminded me of when I ovualted this month. Just a sharp stitch like pain. It could of even been closer to my leg I just freaked out, anxiety took over and I nearly fainted in the reject shop lol. I am just so scared as you would know. I told myself when I seen the two lines this time I would try and relax and not freak out over every little thing, but yep didn't happen, I freaked! I think is has a lot to do with this stupid Dr I seen, telling me things I didn't want to hear when I got my first blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan01 View Post
    Hi Jodes, I just wanted to help ease your mind a little and let you know I had exactly the same thing at that stage (actually convinced myself that I had an ectopic, do NOT google it you'll find something that will convince you!). I had sharp pains alternating left and right until week 6 as well as continuing "period" like cramps. The doctor said it's completely normal and is just lots of stretching and growing and to not worry unless the pain got very severe and wouldn't alleviate with 1. rest, 2. panadol or 3. Hot shower as then they like to rule out ectopic etc. I am now almost 12 weeks and still get shooting pains after walking a lot or over doing things although it now feels more muscular instead of the original "internal" feeling. I hope you feel better soon and congratulations
    Thank you so much. If I had not just gone through a traumatic loss, I probably would not of freaked out so much. I thought it couldn't of been too bad since it stopped after I layed down. Fingers crossed all stays well, 15 days till my first scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had the same stitch like discomfort on and off for over a week on both sides. I told the nurse at my FS office and she said it was normal and just my body manoeuvring to accommodate bub.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybump08 For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (03-05-2013)