+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before I had my own children I didn't know many people with children. We had 1 child between approximately 10 adults. He was a novelty and we had nothing to compare him to.
    7 1/2 years into this parenting thing with 4 children of my own whom I love to the moon and back but sometimes can hardly tolerate them so other people's children just straight out annoy my.

Brisbane North
    i like some kids but not all... same as adults, some you mesh with some you dont. i have no tolerance for the kids who are just bratty and never listen. you tell them to stop jumping all over your furniture and they just look at you and laugh and ignore you. and yep the parents are just as bad and say nothing. rude ill mannered kids get my goat too. dont just stare at me stupidly when i say hello to you.. you're 10 years old not an infant.

Somewhere in Vic...Bubhubbing!
    I was never maternal at all! I always walked the other way when people bought their babies into work and everyone would goo and gaa over them. It wasnt me. I wasnt interested.

It always (and still does) bug me that just because I am a woman I am supposed to want to fling everything aside and hold the newborn. Nope....dont want to!

I never wanted to have kids and this stemmed back from when my mum had my half brother when I was 11. I was basically the mother....I fed him, bathed him, played with him, rocked him to sleep in the middle of the night. I found it really hard to deal with.

When I was in my 20s I never thought I would have kids....simply because of the fact that I didnt like them! Then I fell pregnant accidentally when I was 31 and I fell in love with DS and just had to have more.

I think you can love your kids unconditionally as they are your flesh and blood and you know them intimately but as you dont have that same connection with other kids then its understandable why you dont 'love' them. And vice versa.

I happily eat something that DD has put in her mouth and given to me....but someone else kids food

I am not a bad person...I just dont like the majority of kids out there...i dont hate them...I am usually indifferent to them. Same way I feel about adults.

So I hope that goes to some way to explain it....I am glad that there are others out there that feel the same way!