+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only babies I have ever liked were mine and the babies of those I am close to. In my late teens and early 20's, my friends would go nuts over every baby. I did not. Funny though, in that circle I was the first to fall pregnant!

I loved kids though. Still do. Once they pass the baby age I find them challenging and hilarious. I love their random comments, their crazy clothes, the lot! Obviously I think my own 2 are a little bit more awesome than everyone else's. A lady at our local club told me I should be a teacher! Er, no thanks!

I guess I find babied that I did not birth a tad boring. All they do is eat and cry. And poop.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

I also wanted them more as 'older' kids or adults, than I did babies/ toddlers, if that makes sense. I looked at the things I loved doing with my parents (and still do) - like playing cards, drinking wine, watching films, etc. - and thought how nice it would be to do that with my own kids one day.
    this is true of me as well. Having another baby overwhelms me some days but then someone once said don't define the number of children you want by the infant years as they are brief; think about the number of children you want around you at your 60th birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I'm not that keen on a few friends children. God I feel horrible even admitting it but a family friend who is like a sister to me has a son who I cannot stand. His attitude, behavior and manners are revolting and she does nothing to combat it. I find it really annoying so sadly I limit contact with them.
    But for the most part I like other kids.
    So glad to hear I'm not alone as I'd been holding this in thinking I was horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I liked other people's kids before I had my own child. I guess since having DS I find other people's children less endearing because I'm so in love with my own child.

I still like some other people's kids though. My best friend's children are wonderful young people that I would happily spend loads of time with.

Then...there is my nephew. I've posted about him on this forum before - I've never met a child that repells me so much. Both my DH and I struggle to find anything likeable about him.

Therefore, the blanket statement "I don't like other people's kids" is not something I could say.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

cantwait1  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmm after a bit of reflection, "not like" might be too strong. I'm just a bit worried about what am I going to do for my future for working, when I went to jaspers preschool to be a mummy helper I was pretty keen to get out of there.

I'm not as enthusiastic about other people's kids as I used to be. And this is really recently in the last couple of months.

Though there's specific children I like... But I like kids on a kid-by-kid basis rather than "I love children!" in general.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Boobycino; 02-05-2013 at 08:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've found after a long time teaching that kids that I didn't really click with at school, would be very different kids when we went on school camp. On camps you get to see and know the whole child.

Environments we meet kids in can impact on the way they behave and the way we respond to them.

I've only met 1 child in over 10 years that I would say I couldn't take to.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh... I just want to add that I like babies much more than I like children.

Children talk, and nag and whinge and are just generally annoying. Small babies don't really move much, don't talk... and sure they cry, but they're doing it for a good reason, not because they've got nothing better to do so start being annoying for their own amusement.

Babies are just lovely.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (03-05-2013),Rarity  (02-05-2013),Stiflers Mom  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've always liked kids, I was always going gaga over everyones babies. My best mate and I fell pregnant at the same time when we were 20.. I was thrilled! Loved her kid like it was my own and am very fond of most kids.
    I just adore mine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was a childcare worker before I had ds because I loved kids! I love what I done in my job, but there was a few children I found rubbed me the wrong way....

I took it in my stride, I don't like alot more percentage of adults I meet than children tbh! Maybe 6 children in 100 I find challenging, and 1 of then I would dislike. I probably dislike 30 out of 100 adults . Adults are rude, irritating and I find if they try and enforce their views on me, I don't have time for them.

Though I think since having ds, I think I need a career change as I'm sure I will find im not as keen on others children, but that could be just that I love my ds so much, I can't justify leaving him to be cared for by someone else so I can look after others....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been thinking about this tread, and I originally said that I loved kids before I had kids, now I prefer mine over other people's kids.
    For someone who said the above, I spend a lot of time hanging out with the kids at parties. LOL.

I think I like kids, but there are certain kids that have certain personalities that I struggle with. I have friends who if they asked me to babysit, I'd say no or I'd resent saying yes, but I have others where I'd have ALL of their kids at my house and LOVE it. I can only put it down to their personalities.

Someone posted in here saying that some kids don't know boundaries or personal space or when to stop talking or back off etc. YES! That's the personality that I clash and struggle with, but its the same with adults with that personality.
    I also really struggle with kids who don't listen to me or their parents. I just can't stand kids that come to your house and jump on everything and run their shoes up the wall, throw stuff everywhere and they either don't listen or their parents just ignore it.